• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Winter planting for colour and food

Entropy

Sergeant
I could do with some green fingered advice. I was thinking of planting up some large pots for our patio for thecwinter but was thinking of including something for the kitchen as well as a bit of colour. All ideas welcomew

Hot Shoes

Corporal
Chard

Chard

Chard, bright lights variety. Some people grow it in borders for decoration, I grow it on the allotment for food. You may have to start it off on the windowsill depending on how far north you are or how cold it gets at night at the moment.

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
Onion sets planted in October. Not exactly colourful, but in the midst of winter they'll remind you that the world isn't completely dead. Plus you'll know Spring is coming when they start to move.