• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WiFi in Afghanistan?

T

Tubby

Yep should be fine. Your log on allows for you main laptop and I think 2 mobile devices i.e kindles. They don't seem to check as one of the lads had 3 or 4 on his router. Does slow it down but voice only isnt affected just video calls. 256kb for $90 or 512kb for $165. The sh!tter is, the spams use the joint welfare fund to reduce the price for their troops.

Last edited:

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Yeah quite a few of the guys out here bring an old wireless router with them to use their iPod/iPads with as obviously they cant use cables with them. Also the green cable internet (although my cables are grey) don't go down during MINIMISE AFAIK.

E

enginesuck

They go down during minimise when the dude from 904 gos round and turns it off in the brit accom - sometimes he forgets and probably doesnt bother in the birds accom - at least thats what happened at the start of the year

T

Tubby

Never once went down in nearly 6 months I was there. Not run by the Brits so if that was the case they probably got told to jog on. Same as the Heroes wifi, paid for by many nations who have a coffee etc whilst skyping so they cant restrict that either.

I was in KAF Jul - Nov 2011 and paid $90 for the hard wired internet, 8/10 times when minimise was on it did get switched off. It was great to be able to web cam with the kids. Dont know for sure if it would have worked plugging in an old wireless router, but i will deffo look into that for my next stint in early 2013

The thing you should be more worried about was the lack of hot water ! we were without for our last 6-8 weeks, hopefully this will be better next time round