• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wider Service Medal

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Doesn’t this come up every time operational tempo slows and real medals are no longer being handed out.

Only another 24 years to go until Charles’ Silver Jubilee medals will be being stamped out.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Doesn’t this come up every time operational tempo slows and real medals are no longer being handed out.

Only another 24 years to go until Charles’ Silver Jubilee medals will be being stamped out.

Not forgetting his Centenary Medal that won't be far behind.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Not only has it left the drawing board, its being produced, there is 0.5million set aside for it

Where did you get that from, I've had a good look around and can't see anything about being produced but do acknowledge that a design has been put forward.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Ah....a medal to denote my time on QRA with the odd visit to MPA and walking that godforsaken corridor. 🤷‍♂️

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just issue an official Armed Forces General Service Medal and charge 30 quid for one. Self financing and if people want one, they'll pay for it, if they're not bothered, then they won't bother.

dctyke

Corporal
Up till 2004 up to seven MSM medals were awarded twice a year to WOs and the occasional FS with long service and impeccable records, they were chosen by a board of senior officers.
In 2005 the rules changed for reasons I know not. That year more medals were awarded than in the previous 35 yrs and this continued in the following years. I felt embarrassed to get one as it really meant nothing to me from then on, more or less chosen by a computer for been in the RAF a long time!
I’m told that on the medal market it’s worth bombed overnight.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Up till 2004 up to seven MSM medals were awarded twice a year to WOs and the occasional FS with long service and impeccable records, they were chosen by a board of senior officers.
In 2005 the rules changed for reasons I know not. That year more medals were awarded than in the previous 35 yrs and this continued in the following years. I felt embarrassed to get one as it really meant nothing to me from then on, more or less chosen by a computer for been in the RAF a long time!
I’m told that on the medal market it’s worth bombed overnight.
MSM is an insult, a gift to leaving WO's rather than those who have dedicated their time and efforts. There should be more Sgt/Chf/FS given them.