• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why cant depndents use the DDA?

S

Smakheed

Bit of seriousness here but I've always wondered why our dependants can use the Med center but not the Dental center?

TABETX AND SEND

Corporal
Always used too till about 10 years ago maybe longer. Stopped because of cut backs or something like that, more than likely money and not enough dentists.

L

Lord Azrael

I believe it may be down to insurance. I know as a civvy working on camp, I used to be able to use the dentist in an emergency, but we can't now and they said that was due to their insurance policy. I can only assume it's the same for dependants as I'm sure years ago they could.

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
Wish my other half could use the DDA becuase getting a dentist is a pain in the arse, i'd even pay the same as private just fo rthe conveinance

M

mad_mo

Surley this subject would be best suited in general chat :pDT_Xtremez_21:

Last edited:

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
Couldn't cope!

Couldn't cope!

Your dependants can stay away from my Dental centre.
I've been waiting to see a hygenist for 20 months, because of postings and there being no hygenist at my three camps over that period.

That is a bit of a lie there have been hygenists but when I book they then seem to get pinged to go away. I managed to get a cancellation one day but needed to book a proper appointment for the following month. Then they left!!

Surely my mouth is not that bad?

Seriously dependants should be able to visit considering they have to move around with you and finding a civvie dentist that will treat kids under NHS is hard.

S

Smakheed

Always used too till about 10 years ago maybe longer. Stopped because of cut backs or something like that, more than likely money and not enough dentists.

But why not do what the med centers do and hire in civvies?

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Our med centre wont take dependants.
Pain in the arse really as the local area doesnt really have enough docs. Or dentists!
I remember when I was at Odiham, my missus was registered at the med centre.
Mind you, that was 10 years ago when we had enough people in the RAF!!

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
My wifes registered at the med centre here because its classed as a "teaching Med Centre"