• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who Sucks the Devil's Plums?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
In your opinion, which/what is the most evil company on the planet and why?

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Small scale maybe, but:-

DFS - robbing gits, with no interest in after sales service, leather sofa, 18 months old, leather peeling, they said age related issues!

Travelodge - vouchers given for a cancelled hotel (Covid), no mention of an expiry date, but guess what, only valid for 6 months, tried to contact them, got through on the hone eventually only to be told I have to submit an online query..... Online query submitted, 7 days they took to respond, and then with a question, which I answered, and then 7 days later another question, at that point I gave up, which I guess is what they wanted to happen

Both companies have lost my business, but they won't care as I wasn't a major spender with them

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Facebook there is no need for it to exist yet it harvests oceans of data on people and rakes in more money (2020 $85.9 Billion) than small countries earn with their GDP (2020 Uganda $37.37 Billion). Facebook is the 21st century version of 1984's big brother, they are watching you, they know your secrets if you use the platforms they control.

AWS - Amazon web services has more fingers in more pies than you think almost every major corporation is connected to AWS in one form or another its a global data harvesting system that somehow manages to keep a low profile amongst the populous.

Last edited:

Vushtrri

Sergeant
Can’t just give a single companys name so I’ll say ..every single media company going. All a bunch of lying bastards who’s sole purpose is to wind as many members of the public up as possible.
There’s bog bumf shortage……which causes a shortage until people realise they are causing it themselves.
There’s a petrol shortage………..likewise.
Supermarket shelves are empty…..likewise.
Temperatures will plummet next week..
There’s going to be a shortage of vegetables as all the pickers have gone back to Lithuania.
Indian summer next week.
You name a situation that is likely to get people panicking, the BBC, Express etc have all reported it.
Cocks, the lot of them.

One paper even reported once that I was denying a paternity suit after I’d rescued a sheep from rush hour traffic and put it in the kennels at the nick I was working at..where it promptly gave birth. I rest my case.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Property "developers" who hoover up all the affordable housing stock to rent out. I watched a Homes Under the Hammer today and there was a bloke who bought 20-30 a month.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
England Rugby is high on my list.

It cuts funding to grassroot clubs whilst telling them they need to be compliant with changing rooms for u18’s/girls with cubicles and curtains in the showers. They will also reduce the league sizes at 4 and below so we have less home fixtures (where we would hope to recoup loss of any funding via bar revenue).

It is in the throes of closing off the Premiership so all else below have a ceiling of level 2 whilst claiming to be broke whilst a cheap seat at Twickenham is £85+ ranging up to £500 or more for a vantage point you don’t need the big screens to see the whole game, and whilst charging £7-£8.50 for a pint.

It’s time the championship and below broke away from that greedy shitshow and started again.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
England Rugby is high on my list.

It’s time the championship and below broke away from that greedy shitshow and started again.
If you're going to separate your clubs from controlling "old farts" at Twickers HQ a nice venue to hold your meeting could be the historic George Hotel in Huddersfield.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Heathrow lost luggage takes the biscuit.

Although to be honest I find you don’t really know how good or bad an organisation is until things go wrong and they need to be put right.

Apple - just because.

Only 2 of their overpriced bits of shiney plastic have come inside these walls and both were utter crap: an iphone 4 that my wife bought and never worked properly. Another an ipod nano, that was horrid sounding and awful to use. I really don't get the appeal of Apple products at all.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Apple - just because.

Only 2 of their overpriced bits of shiney plastic have come inside these walls and both were utter crap: an iphone 4 that my wife bought and never worked properly. Another an ipod nano, that was horrid sounding and awful to use. I really don't get the appeal of Apple products at all.
Royal Navy personnel and the Iranians like them though so................. :ROFLMAO:

fourteen2two

Corporal
Only Apple product we have is the classic I pod. All our music on it for use in the cars and our caravan. Had it years.
Neighbour has all Apple stuff, phones laptop etc. Overpriced in my opinion.
Had to laugh when latest overpriced phone comes out .Saddos queuing to get them at silly o clock in the morning!
Pretty good marketing though.