• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is Mr Vice?

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Can someone please tell me how 'Mr Vice' is officially delegated in the Mess?

I've been told three variations thus far:

- The youngest Mess member is Mr Vice

- The lowest rank with least seniority is Mr Vice

- The newest Mess Member is Mr Vice

Someone also said that it's whoever the CMC decides to d!ck with the job, but I think that was sarcasm....

Done some searches on Google and the forums, plenty of info about the role and what needs to be done, but nobody seems to say who gets the job. Surely it doesn't differ from Mess to Mess??

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Ive been to formal functions where Mr Vice was a volunteer. Some folk actually like doing it!

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
If you can avoid giving it to Aircrew, do so. They are rather prone to over-exagerate in groups of 2 or more and it becomes like watching drunks trying to sing acapelo.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Word from the Ruperts Society says it's written down somewhere, that it should be the member with least seniority in rank, regardless of rank - though it rarely happens that way, apparently!