• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which MDHU is the best...?

Hello. I am going into Halton soon (march), and then on into the PMRAFNS. I understand you get to express a preference for phase 2, and I am wondering if anyone out there can recommend an MDHU? I'm interested in things like flight days/accommodation/shift patterns & NHS trust gen./sports/the city. Are they good, bad or ugly...?

I'm not totally brand new, but I am new to the RAF/PMRAFNS. I've been posted to Catterick, PJHQ and Hermitage in my time. I've done 4 man transit, z type and y type. I play football and I am quite keen to keep it up, but its not a deal breaker...

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Are you coming in as a qualified nurse or are you doing your training in the military?

Dependent on you answer I can then give you a bit more gen but basically if you are not qualified then Ph2 is at Birmingham City Uni with no other choices.

If you are qualified then where you will go will depend a great deal on your experience/speciality.

Regards

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
When you mentioned 'good, bad or ugly' I assumed you were talking about the nurses............I'll get my coat.

ninjarabbi
Good, bad and the ugly....

All info on the hotness of the *male* nurses will be taken into consideration.

penfold93
Are you coming in as a qualified nurse or are you doing your training in the military?

I'm coming in as a qualified nurse, with no actual experience as a nurse. I'm going straight to Halton post PIN going onto the register. My management placement was in an acute medical unit, and I did lots of shifts at A&E as a bank HCA, but I don't actually *have* a speciality...

Last edited:

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
The RAF are at all the DMG's (no more MDHU's) these are located at Plymouth, Portsmouth, Frimley and Northallerton. Then you have RCDM in B'ham as well as RAF Nurses at Oxford, Headley, PHC and TMW.

I would guess that you will get either Brum or Pompey as there tend to be more RAF there but it is not unheard of to get one of the others. All have +ve and -ve points and depend on what you want to do. you will be preceptored at all these places and you will be expected to do the Transition to military practice course at Lichfield/BCU soon after you Pass Out

The RAF are at all the DMG's (no more MDHU's) these are located at Plymouth, Portsmouth, Frimley and Northallerton. Then you have RCDM in B'ham as well as RAF Nurses at Oxford, Headley, PHC and TMW.

I would guess that you will get either Brum or Pompey as there tend to be more RAF there but it is not unheard of to get one of the others. All have +ve and -ve points and depend on what you want to do. you will be preceptored at all these places and you will be expected to do the Transition to military practice course at Lichfield/BCU soon after you Pass Out

Thanks, Brum/Pompey are my top two choices. I just wanted to know if there was anything to recommend one place over another. I guess there isn’t…? Cheers tho x