• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where to spend New Year and also Oct 1/2 term?

mrsribs

SAC
I am thinking of going someplace for New Year and equally want a place to visit for about 5 days over the Oct 1/2 term (kids not involved). I was thinking along the lines of Gib, Malaga, Ibiza or Barcelona.

Pleasant weather but not actually warm or hot, I was thinking of Ibiza in Oct and perhaps Barcelona for NY----- I have been to Barcelona before but a long time ago.

I appreciate any suggestions.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Capo Verde for Xmas and the Canaries or Morroco for October, suppose it depends on what you want to do when you're there.

If you avoid the school hols you'll get a much better deal.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

mrsribs

SAC
Formz, do you think Kefalonia will be warm then and what do you like / suggest. I have been to most of the Greek Islands but Mrs hasn't been at all----- we have about 5 days.

Cape Verde----- I have been before. Christmas is arranged I just want to get out the country for New Year---- somewhere local-- ish.

Cheers.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
equally want a place to visit for about 5 days over the Oct 1/2 term (kids not involved).

Why go in the 1/2 term and pay "family rates" when you could go the week before for about half the price?

I'd recommend Rome.

mrsribs

SAC
My Mrs is a teacher so stuck to said dates, however she teaches at a private school in Germany and I think the dates are different.

Rome, love it, have lived on the continent twice so have been to almost all the big cities etc and a ton of others. Was possibly thinking about Naples though in Oct and getting the ferry to Corsica / Sardinia etc----------- any suggestions?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Formz, do you think Kefalonia will be warm then and what do you like / suggest. I have been to most of the Greek Islands but Mrs hasn't been at all----- we have about 5 days.

Cape Verde----- I have been before. Christmas is arranged I just want to get out the country for New Year---- somewhere local-- ish.

Cheers.

We always hire a villa tbh... It's not 'touristy' and no 'English pubs' and football shirt wearing bellends either. They have resisted expanding the tourist side of things like Kos etc.. It's just nice and quiet and unspoilt. Watch Captain Correllies Mandolin, you will see the beaches. We go every other year at the mo. We either go near Lourdas, Skala or Sami.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Newquay on New Year's Eve is still pretty good...people mainly in fancy dress having a laugh.