• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

where to sew labels onto socks and towels

B

Bournemouthboy

Im joining Halton soon already having completed PRTC

I have the name labels with last 3 and surname and was going to put a few on my towels and 1 pair of issue socks they have already given me

question : is there a particular place on the socks and towels where they have to be sewn onto ? and have you got to put the labels onto the hand towels and face cloths as well as the bath towels

many thanks

Brackens

SAC
You don't have to sew any labels on your civvy stuff but i would do it on your towels because they always go missing, and don't bother doing your socks till you get there because every flight has a different way of doing it.

B

Bournemouthboy

You don't have to sew any labels on your civvy stuff but i would do it on your towels because they always go missing, and don't bother doing your socks till you get there because every flight has a different way of doing it.

Cheers mate , just sew them onto a corner of a towel will be ok I presume

one last thing , I know I need two bath towels , but will i really need to bring 2 hand and 2 face cloths ? or would one of each surfice ?

Brackens

SAC
You don't need hand towels at all, and the face cloths are good for blue warrior to get the camo cream off if they don't let you take baby wipes.

TIP: try and get away with as little camo cream as possible because its an absolute nightmare to get off and hurts like hell scrubbing your face for ages.

B

Bournemouthboy

You don't need hand towels at all, and the face cloths are good for blue warrior to get the camo cream off if they don't let you take baby wipes.

TIP: try and get away with as little camo cream as possible because its an absolute nightmare to get off and hurts like hell scrubbing your face for ages.

thanks again ............... on the list it says to bring baby wipes , hopefully will let us use them then !!!!

but it also says on the list to bring hand towels !!! I gues you know alot more than me regarding the hand towels , when did you pass out of halton ?

Brackens

SAC
12th january this year, it depends on which regiment flight you end up (a,b or c) as to how lenient they are with you taking baby wipes and sweets etc, we were aloud baby wipes but no sweets, some were aloud nothing at all. if they let you take baby wipes then take a couple of packs and try and get make up removal wipes as they get the cream of better

B

Bournemouthboy

12th january this year, it depends on which regiment flight you end up (a,b or c) as to how lenient they are with you taking baby wipes and sweets etc, we were aloud baby wipes but no sweets, some were aloud nothing at all. if they let you take baby wipes then take a couple of packs and try and get make up removal wipes as they get the cream of better

thanks for the tip ! will pinch my mums slap remover wipes lol !

one last thing , would you suggest taking your own ironing board when you turn up on day 1 .......... or would you buy one in the Naafi ? prob twice cost in Naafi eh lol !!

focussed

LAC
Bournemouthboy;468296I have the name labels with last 3 and surname[/QUOTE said:
Is that what the trg team told you to put on the name tags? I have halton soon too but was not advised what the name tags should have on.

Thanks

B

-bumfights-

Baby wipes

Baby wipes

Baby wipes are the best invention at RTS. simple FACT.
I remember having a discussion with my room mates just before grad - and we all agreed.
you can clean respirators, which all RTS recruits will agree, is the best tool the Regt. have for bollocking you on IFPT (apparently the alcohol in the wipes 'perishes the rubber of the mask'... Does it f**ck! it'll come out squeaky clean. after being CS gassed, the gas crystals leave blue smudges on the inside, which enough wipes remove. Doing the regt. method of dipping it in sinks only leaves the inside mask bit full of water, which is hard to dry. The puddles it leaves behind the Cpl's love to find.)
You can clean shoes and boots
theyre brilliant for removing cam cream (especially because Cpl's will stop at nothing to find old cam cream)
brilliant at cleaning your KFS, mess tins, cups and such
ive even seen people even clean rifles with them. (Obviously not the gas parts before use, but the sooty parts before an inspection!)

Everyone gets given a Kit Preparation book within the first couple of days of training which tells you how to present all items of kit and how to store them in your locker (including where to put labels/stencils). I'd recommend practicing sewing if you can't sew very well, otherwise you may have a very late night in your first week there! With regards to Ironing boards, if you can manage to take one with you then I'd definitely recommend it- time is at a premium so you don't want to wait to borrow someone else's in your room, and they cost over £20 in the Spar!