• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where is your spiritual RAF home?

Where is your spiritual RAF home?

• Total voters

Major Geek

Sergeant
Ferk me you have got a good memory I cant remember that! (then again i cant remember what went on last week never mind 21 years ago!):pDT_Xtremez_28:

Don't you remember walking into the mess on your first day
(civvie trousers and RAF jumper plus brand new haircut)
to be "welcomed" by all the other courses banging their utensils on the tables?

B

Bluntend

How very true Bluntend, how very true.

Just to clarify a point, I am in no way a religious man. Far from it. But there is something very humbling and poignant about the church of St Clement Danes. It is, as the guidebook suggests, an extremely peaceful place despite its location. What I found quite hard to get my head around were the glass cabinets that run up each side of the church - each containing a large book filled with names, painstakingly written. Some were Gp Capts, others ACs, but all had their place. What was sad though, were the names only recently written in and the empty page awaiting more.

If any of you get the chance to visit the church, please do. And if ever you feel that you're not part of a greater organisation (dare I say it, one big family), St Clement Danes should see you right. When all other RAF bases have closed, there will always be one small part of London that is RAF.

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Swinderby Oct 90 then Cranners 05. I too still have the brass belt buckle, can still remember being pounced on by the DI's flogging us copy cat after shaves and brass beret badges. Ity was a case of buy or die:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Quit whining, the correct answer in ten years will be

metrix Stain Athan :pDT_Xtremez_31: :pDT_Xtremez_31: :pDT_Xtremez_21:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Donna621

Oldies

Oldies

The only people posting on this are the ones old enough to be my Dad, I'm gonna make you all feel really old cause i was born in Feb 1987. I wasn't even talking when you all joined up.:pDT_Xtremez_31:

bigsteviej

Corporal
Oct 1988 for me. ********** and *************, oh such memories!!!!! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

i remember them.... wasn't clarke a woman? and garstang an old snec that looked like a steptoe relative...

you may have arrived as we passed out then, as i'm sure that was october

B

buddah

Swinderby Jun 79
********** sh!tehawkes 14 flt (Red scarfs remember them)
Baby teeth cut at Northolt and Wildparts (Stags rugby club), next set cut at the mighty Gut, then started to lose them at Bruggen.

Brass belt buckle ? christ i still have the bit of string we were issued before belts or braces were invented.

S

Split-Brain

Got a problem here.

I'm an oldie so Swinderby by the definition of the poll, Oct '75. No chance of remembering any of the other details

However.......

As an ex-Brat the spiritual home has got to be Halton.
And I don't think any other ex-Brat could seriously argue any different.
That was where we were changed for life.

W

Wonky Tonka

Halton, Feb 99 5 Flt.

Sgt *********, Cpls *******& **********
Spot the smally!!:pDT_Xtremez_08:

F

Fablon biff chit

Like me, 2002

I'm so "small" I have to look up to look down

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
SwinderButlins for me Jan '92.
They were right, it is grim up north! Never been that far north until I joined up!
:pDT_Xtremez_30:

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Swinderby Oct 83
But think Cosford was my first RAF home when it was 2 School of TT (before it was sullied by the Grease monkeys) the only Spanner monkeys there were the Plumbers.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Swinderby Feb 78, Cpl *********** & Sgt *************, superbly twisted feckers!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Unclebuck

LAC
Swinditz feb 90, 5 Flt, Sgt ***********and Cpl ***********. But my heart belongs to Locking. Sgt ************* is still about but a civiy, bit of a shock bumping into her, now that :pDT_Xtremez_34: I'm a SNEC.

S

shoutingwind

i'm a smally too- 27 nov 2002 at halton 3 flt (though i passed out on 12 flt- its a long story)

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Swinderby Jan '85 - not sure what Flt, my memory is a bit fcuked up these days! :pDT_Xtremez_42: