• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where is your spiritual RAF home?

Where is your spiritual RAF home?

• Total voters
T

Tardis

Swinderby Oct 1973, the exercise in Sherwood forest was dam cold!:pDT_Xtremez_06:

P

Poultice Walloper

I arrived at Swinderby for my basic on August 6th 1968.

Now I am feeling old! ;-)

U

usquamlxx

usquamlxx

usquamlxx

Swinderby for me, 6Flt April 1970 we won most of the cups as I remember Drill cup , Sports cup, casting your own belt buckles out of bronze cup, the drinking Shifnal pubs dry cup etc etc, happy DAZE.

Vdiff

LAC
Brass cap badge

Brass cap badge

RAF Swinderby I still remember being locked up for laughing at the Cpl for bollocking me, best six hours kip I had all the time I was there :pDT_Xtremez_32: That was just after I had brought my brass cap badge of the regiment Cpl for £1.50

gragrauk

LAC
AEF102? Same fitters course as me!

Basic was at Hereford in March 85. We were the first aircraft trade YTS to join the R.A.F. because they didn't know, if after spending 8 months doing basic and trade training, whether we'd stay in after our year was up.

Then AEM 93 at Halton.

I think my fitters course was AEF 102 (my memory is not what it used to be)

I remember arriving at my first posting, ASF at Colt and after a couple of days of not being allowed to do anything, i asked my Chief why i wasn't allowed to play with the Jags. His reply was "In the real air force you have to go through basic and then trade training before you can work on aircraft". I explained i'd done that. That's when i found out he thought i'd walked into a job centre and they'd said "Here's a uniform, go and be an aircraft electrician" :pDT_Xtremez_26: