• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What To Do With Sex Pests?

What To Do With Sex Pests?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
What does the membership of E-Goat think we should do with sex pests who send unsolicited mail and attachments to other members regardless of sex?

M

mad_mo

Im all for Withdraw PM facility from offenders .

There is nothing worse than being a member of a forum and you have no ability to PM!.

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Live Issue

Live Issue

Members should be aware that this is actually a "current" issue within the e-goat community. On more than one occasion, involving many more than one reported offender, members of this site have received unsolicited private messages (PM's) often of an extremely graphic and offensive nature. More than one one member of this site has found these PM's threatening, frightening and offensive.

As moderators we have no real wish to "censor" any more than absolutely necessary, but in this particular case we would appreciate the guidance and "sensible" opinion of the wider e-goat community.

Cheers

Hu

Mad Collie sorry for butting in :pDT_Xtremez_14:

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Members should be aware that this is actually a "current" issue within the e-goat community. On more than one occasion, involving many more than one reported offender, members of this site have received unsolicited private messages (PM's) often of an extremely graphic and offensive nature. More than one one member of this site has found these PM's threatening, frightening and offensive.

As moderators we have no real wish to "censor" any more than absolutely necessary, but in this particular case we would appreciate the guidance and "sensible" opinion of the wider e-goat community.

Cheers

Hu

Mad Collie sorry for butting in :pDT_Xtremez_14:

No problem Hu, thanks for clarifying a few issues for the rest of the community.

AllWoman

Flight Sergeant
Im all for Withdraw PM facility from offenders .

There is nothing worse than being a member of a forum and you have no ability to PM!.

Not just the PM facility though mm the email facility would need withdrawing as well!
Although I would love to see them banned would this not just encourage them to re-register under a different name and start the whole process again,

Realist78

Master of my destiny
I would have thought that a single, no nonsense warning should be enough. Any further transgression would attract a ban. To re-register, wouldn't the offender have to have a different e-mail address?

AllWoman

Flight Sergeant
Yes they would have to have a different email address but lets face it these days its not difficult to have multiple email addresses is it?:pDT_Xtremez_08:

P

POB

Not just the PM facility though mm the email facility would need withdrawing as well!
Although I would love to see them banned would this not just encourage them to re-register under a different name and start the whole process again,

I believe that you have ultimate control of allowing emails...The following is a quote from the profile page under contact options:

"From time to time, the administrators may want to send you email notices.

If you do not want to receive these notices, disable this option.
Receive Email from Administrators

You can allow other members to send you email messages.
Receive Email from Other Members
"

With tick boxes for both options. As email is nothing to do with The Goat it is purely down to yourselves who has your email address. Wonderful as The Goat is, and good as Wobbly is, neither has any control over email...that is part of the internet...

AllWoman

Flight Sergeant
Pob

You can send an email through the Goat without actually knowing the recipients email address.

Yes you are right members can opt out of recieving any emails at all. But why should a victim(I don't like that word) of a pest have to stop recieving emails from other people on the goat just so that a repeated pest cannot send them.

M

monobrow

Ok, my two pence.

The thread is about people who send unsolicited images to people regardless of sex. In that case, the only thing to do is really remove the PM facility from the offender. They are effectively spamming the system after all!!!

However, the thread is entitled sex pests for a reason. When adults get together in any situation, there is always the cocky one with a wife and kids back home who decides to walk up to a married woman and hit on them.

Same applies to the world wide web. And adulterers will switch to other forms of communication. So from a couple of PM's will turn to an exchange of e-mail address, and a few more e-mails will turn to exchanging mobile numbers.

Sorry to say it mods, but unless you get in there early, some people will just never learn regardless of what you do.

M

mad_mo

Sorry to say it mods, but unless you get in there early, some people will just never learn regardless of what you do.

If the member concerned receives unwanted PM's, then it is down to them to report it asap to any MOD or Admin. We are not mind readers!.

M

monobrow

They would have the same IP address though.

Not necessarily, I have a dynamic IP that changes every time I log on and log off the internet.

Whilst it'll be similar, My IP address (looking at stats off a game server I use) only similarity is it starts with 172. Good luck trying to IP ban people like that!

Hu Jardon

Ok, my two pence.

The thread is about people who send unsolicited images to people regardless of sex.
Actually no its not, well not quite. It's seen as just as frightening/offensive/humiliating/threatening to receive requests for similar personal images. And they are only 2 examples of an ever growing problem relating to PM's, and that is why this thread and its associated poll has been opened.

Hu

Also would people who may have been affected by any of these issues please not name and shame in this thread

Cheers

C

Chuffybum

Quite simply, 1 warning then you're out!! I have no time whatsoever for these people. I realise that they probably can't be totally controlled but we got to be able to do something at least.

M

monobrow

It would be good to have PM's like that openly shared in the community. It'd certainly make people think twice about sending something like that if they thought that the whole goat would see it!

Hu Jardon

Not necessarily, I have a dynamic IP that changes every time I log on and log off the internet.

Whilst it'll be similar, My IP address (looking at stats off a game server I use) only similarity is it starts with 172. Good luck trying to IP ban people like that!
Trust me there are sh1tloads of tools out there that can be used freely by website owners to track and trace prats like this - fekk me we have even had tw@ts we've banned trying to rejoin under another identity using the same "home" email address FFS.

Hu

Hu Jardon

It would be good to have PM's like that openly shared in the community. It'd certainly make people think twice about sending something like that if they thought that the whole goat would see it!
I can't see how "we" can openly share a "PRIVATE" message, surely that could only be disclosed by the owner, which would be the sender or the recipient, and legally I would guess you would need the permission of both to publish it to the masses.

M

mumof4

This is a tricky situation as i have been on the recieving end on this forum.All i did was ignore them.

On another site which i am admin of, all pms/emails are logged/tracked and any complaints are looked into through the logs.We have had to do this as we had a situation where threats were made.The parties concerned were banned and ips were banned.But as has been mentioned if you are on a dynamic ip then banning an ip address is practically useless.Unless they have a static ip where it doesnt change.

It is true that banned members can reregister under different names and email addresses.

Once we see that this has been done then we disable their email and pm facilities permanantly.Soon stops them in their tracks.

M

mad_mo

I can't see how "we" can openly share a "PRIVATE" message, surely that could only be disclosed by the owner, which would be the sender or the recipient, and legally I would guess you would need the permission of both to publish it to the masses.

I would rule out publishing any PM's for other members to read its contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.