• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What should be taught during phase 2 training?

I

izitme

First things first please do not use this as an excuse to slag off FOTF. This is a genuine request from somebody who is not at FOTF just an interested party.

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Call this minor but with the amount of OOAs that the guys are having, I would suggest ACO/ATO decoding.

Last edited:
D

DOO again

At what point would stage 2 trg take place? no obvious answers like after stage 1!

I

izitme

DOO again said:
At what point would stage 2 trg take place? no obvious answers like after stage 1!

Ok my aplogies guys and gals for phase 2 training read Trade Training

J Y Kelly

Corporal
Influencing peoples attitude can be difficult but:

If you don't know the answer to a question, find out the answer, don't try and bull$hit you way out of it.

If you screw up, hold your hands up to your mistake.

If you create a problem, don't walk away from it expecting someone else to clear up your mess.

SirSaltyHelmet said:
Call this minor but with the amount of OOAs that the guys are having, I would suggest ACO/ATO decoding.

I had a couple of newly promoted Sgts come back from Shawbury telling my the lesson on ATO/ACO was way out of date. There is a hell of a lot more than to OOA than ATO and ACOs anway. There needs to be a serious look at this ASAP as it is a big problem area and you can not afford cock ups OOA.

The problem is not just for ops staff either, even aircrew are being taught about operational flying at Brize and Lyneham, by Tg9 SNCOs and Flt Ops Os too. :p

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
FF, Believe me, I know there is more to OOA than ACO / ATO, I also know what is taught at FOTF. I was merely stating that it should be taught so EVERYONE understands them and can decode them. If they wanted to teach everything on an OOA then two weeks of the FOTF course should be spent in JHF / AT Ops in Basrah!!!! :rolleyes:

SirSaltyHelmet said:
FF, Believe me, I know there is more to OOA than ACO / ATO, I also know what is taught at FOTF. I was merely stating that it should be taught so EVERYONE understands them and can decode them. If they wanted to teach everything on an OOA then two weeks of the FOTF course should be spent in JHF / AT Ops in Basrah!!!! :rolleyes:

From my experience with the chaps at Basrah, they too should be getting lessons. You can't expect FOTF to teach everything, but it should at least open peoples eyes to the wider issue in each area. At least then people who dont know the answer will perhaps be able to ask the right questions, to the right people.

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
You cant teach common sense, but I know TTF as was, students were taught to ask if they didnt know.

I have no problems with ACO / ATO and I know my peers there didnt either. The problem with the ATO / ACO was the writers, no continuity, we flagged up loads of problems with it

I lost count in the number of times i had issues with the OIF/OEF ATO etc. It was made worse by our guys in the CAOC not checking it before they sent it, the whole system was a joke. We had a whole file dedicated to all the e-mails sent to the CAOC on a number of different issues in order to cover our, and the aircrews backs. This came in handy more than one time, twice when a C17 was trying to get into Ballad with out of date info, despite the CAOC assuring us we had the latest gen.