• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is this part number

greenblue

LAC
HI, Does anyone know what a 10B/10592 is. I was asked if I could find out. Seems the person thinks it may be a piece of equipment of a Lancaster Bomber and may be an Air Ministry reference. Any advice on how to trace that part number

Ronsuddes

SAC
HI, Does anyone know what a 10B/10592 is. I was asked if I could find out. Seems the person thinks it may be a piece of equipment of a Lancaster Bomber and may be an Air Ministry reference. Any advice on how to trace that part number

Section 10 relates to Wireless Equipment hopefully someone will know he sub-section B.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
That would certainly look like an RAF Section (10B) & Reference (10592) for a piece of technical (as oppose to domestic) electrical equipment. If my aged memory serves correctly, 10B was a fairly generic range - not specific to a particular system and the fact that the Reference is only 5 digits makes it pretty old - when I joined in the mid 70s most newish References were in the 7 digit range ready for NATO codification.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Try the RAF Museum, they have probably got a copy of AP 1086.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
That's a low number. Probably an assembly. It may have an NSN convrsion but, well....

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Fair point but.... it was Microfiche as far back as 1976 and do they have a reader....? And an old f**t like me who knows where to look? :)

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I found this on-line, apparently taken from AP1186. It's close, and also from a Lancaster...

http://

Attachments

• Lancaster DF loop.jpg
    Lancaster DF loop.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: