• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is GPD?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
For the second month in a row I've had £300 odd quid taken out of my pay under the guise of GPD Non-Taxable.

Any ideas what it is / means?

W

wgaf

I believe it is General Public Debt. I had this coming out of my pay for the first 6 months of JPA without anyone having a clue what it was, including JPAC, got it all back eventually after some hard work from unit HR and eventually a solicitors letter direct to JPAC.

PSF Angel

LAC
Sounds like you were overpaid a non-taxable allowance (GYH(M) perhaps?) or with JPA being the absolutely fantastic package that it is, it's probably a JPA error caused by nothing and robbing you blind anyway!
Youe Unit HR should be able to clarify it but make sure that you take a the last few months paper payslips in (not the JPA printouts) coz they have the info on that we need.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
O, whats GYH(M) then? If thats Motor Mileage - no they haven't overpaid me, if anything they OWE me!!

PSF, expect a call from me at 08:01 in the morning! (again)

W

wgaf

Just checked my pay packet this morning and guess what.......................GPD 300 quid!!!!! Phoned JPAC and was told they'd look into it but not to expcect a resolution before the middle of the month as they are very busy. Not good enough! Got of the phone to my solicitor about 1/2 an hour ago, JPAC can now expect to deal with it through the courts, I've had enough of dealing with these monkeys. As soon as anything occurs I'll be on the goat to let everyone know the outcome.

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
GPD is Gross Public Debt. It means that you have been Overissued (in old speak) a Taxable emoulment; this could be Basic Pay, Subs Pay or LSA. Look through previous pay statements and you'll probably find a debit/credit entry which is informing you of the overissue which you have 2 months to appeal against before they start robbing you on a monthly basis until the debt is paid. If you can't find the debt take it into PSF and let them have a look through.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Just checked my pay packet this morning and guess what.......................GPD 300 quid!!!!! Phoned JPAC and was told they'd look into it but not to expcect a resolution before the middle of the month as they are very busy. Not good enough! Got of the phone to my solicitor about 1/2 an hour ago, JPAC can now expect to deal with it through the courts, I've had enough of dealing with these monkeys. As soon as anything occurs I'll be on the goat to let everyone know the outcome.

Good. I think this is the only way we can get the airships to realise/admit how much of a disaster JPA really is.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

Thanks for the heads up mate...you'll be pleased to hear that all my wedge is as it should be (makes a change...I was £500 down each month for 6 months straight last year) and I'm now laid on the floor throwing money in the air and all over me like I just don't care...:pDT_Xtremez_30:

W

wgaf

Thanks for the heads up mate...you'll be pleased to hear that all my wedge is as it should be (makes a change...I was £500 down each month for 6 months straight last year) and I'm now laid on the floor throwing money in the air and all over me like I just don't care...:pDT_Xtremez_30:
It's not the amount of money taken, obviously as a filthy rich techie I carry more than 300 quid around in loose change for tips fot the poor people, it's the fact that the feckers did the same to me last year and couldn't justify it, lo and behold 3 months after the last c0ck up they've done exactley the same again.
Just had a call back from my solicitor, apparentley they have to be given a 'reasonable' chance to rectify the situation, what time span this entails I've not a clue.

Last edited:

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
It's not the amount of money taken, obviously as a filthy rich techie I carry more than 300 quid around in loose change for tips fot the poor people, it's the fact that the feckers did the same to me last year and couldn't justify it, lo and behold 3 months after the last c0ck up they've done exactley the same again.
Just had a call back from my solicitor, apparentley they have to be given a 'reasonable' chance to rectify the situation, what time span this entails I've not a clue.

The EDS contract allows them 10 working days from the date you notify them of the problem. If they come back to you with further questions the clock stops ticking until you reply.

Realist78

Master of my destiny

How about the 'reasonable chance' being the last working day of each month FFS, the clowns get enough chances to fcuk things up without solicitors doffing their caps to them!:pDT_Xtremez_09:

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Hardly fair if they don't know there's a problem until 26 Feb is it?

WGAF - play the game, give them their 10 days, then hit them with both barrels.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Hardly fair if they don't know there's a problem until 26 Feb is it?

WGAF - play the game, give them their 10 days, then hit them with both barrels.

'They' appear to be serial offenders with WGAF, surely there comes a time to get it right...every time. Yes, I know that the workforce at JPA central have been let down by the system and lack of training but that is pretty irrelevant to the guy/gal who opens their pay chit.

W

wgaf

By all accounts there is no further action that can be taken until the 'chance to rectify the situation' has elapsed. It is a case of hurry up and wait.What concerns me here is the fact that someone else out there, who isn't in my situation i.e. I can live without the owed money, could have this happen to them. Now most people have there bills come out on the last/first day of the month, what is an LAC, living in a quarter with a non working spouse and 2 kids going to do when this occurs to him and he doesn't have enough money to cover his bills let alone food etc. I know he/she can go to psf and get an advance of pay, just watch his/her pay get royally fecked the next month, but my point is he/she shouldn't have to. We should not still be in this position nearly a year down the road. Can you imagine what it's going to be like when the Army start with it, absolute mayhem!!
I have spoken to my solicitor again today and acting on what you've said TBJ, we have decided the best course of action is to keep on top of this and if there is no solution at the 10 day point legal proceedings will be bought.
For the scibblies out there a heartfelt thanks for the help you have tried to give, the ones here have been very good and tried their best. Cheers.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
By all accounts there is no further action that can be taken until the 'chance to rectify the situation' has elapsed. It is a case of hurry up and wait.What concerns me here is the fact that someone else out there, who isn't in my situation i.e. I can live without the owed money, could have this happen to them. Now most people have there bills come out on the last/first day of the month, what is an LAC, living in a quarter with a non working spouse and 2 kids going to do when this occurs to him and he doesn't have enough money to cover his bills let alone food etc. I know he/she can go to psf and get an advance of pay, just watch his/her pay get royally fecked the next month, but my point is he/she shouldn't have to. We should not still be in this position nearly a year down the road. Can you imagine what it's going to be like when the Army start with it, absolute mayhem!!
I have spoken to my solicitor again today and acting on what you've said TBJ, we have decided the best course of action is to keep on top of this and if there is no solution at the 10 day point legal proceedings will be bought.
For the scibblies out there a heartfelt thanks for the help you have tried to give, the ones here have been very good and tried their best. Cheers.

Agreed, and agreed. The time has come to play hardball. I don't even know what I'm getting paid this month because I'm stuck in the ar$e end of nowhere and the JPA link is down far more than it is working. No sign of the paper versions either. I guess I'm going to have to wait until Wednesday when I check my bank.