• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What constitutes a bandit?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
We have all met them but what is your sterotypical bandit.

You know the guy says he plays off around 18 hasn't played for while, might be a bit rusty etc. then goes and scores 44 pts stableford on a course he says he's never seen before. Picks up nearest the pin "7-iron nearly shanked it". Then disappears for 6 months only to reappear next station comp.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
We have all met them but what is your sterotypical bandit.

You know the guy says he plays off around 18 hasn't played for while, might be a bit rusty etc. then goes and scores 44 pts stableford on a course he says he's never seen before. Picks up nearest the pin "7-iron nearly shanked it". Then disappears for 6 months only to reappear next station comp.

Yes somebody playing off 15+ who just happened to play off 5 as a junior ! Most structured clubs have sorted this problem now by employing strict rules on handicapping prior to playing in competitions.
Managing this at Station/Society is tough, trying to stop these people slipping thou the net can be a tricky balance between strictly enforcing current club handicap and getting enough numbers. But as with most things in golf honesty is the key !

Saying that I did score 52 points in a freak round once. :pDT_Xtremez_15: Kneecaps stung for a while after !!!!:pDT_Xtremez_08:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Saying that I did score 52 points in a freak round once.

:pDT_Xtremez_28: Bandit????????????:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Yeh it's the society days and such that are SO hard to regulate but nothing you can do about it if the man say he's of X you have to believe him.

Last edited:

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Still a bandit, 52 points FFS, that's divine intervention!:raf:

In my early day I fluked a 1 over gross playing off 17, some people pick the game up quickly but get nervous about getting a medal round together, then one day everything clicks during stableford and hey presto, then you get massively chopped and struggle for a while.

On a lighter note I once had a 20 on the first hole of a 36 hole medal comp !