• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Well Done Wiggins

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Its not often we get to praise British sporting success, so well done Bradley Wiggins for securing victory in the Tour de France this afternoon, and also Mark Cavendish for crossing the line first in the Champs Elysee for the fourth year in a row.

D

dozyscopie1

Great result and a great sprint from Cav. Can see Team Sky winning for a long time to come. Bradley Wiggins a shoe in for Sports Personality, especially if he picks up a few golds in the coming weeks.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Quite unbelievable; An outstanding individual and team effort. I'll be he gets free sports and movies extra for life after this....

...our people in next weeks sweaty bun fight have some inspiration, to be sure.

XVR RA RA RA

Sergeant
Congratulations

What a result for the Brits...

1st Wiggins (GBR)
2nd Froome (GBR)

Cavendish (GBR) wins the last stage in Paris.

Brits won at least 7 stages, I think.

Sky (GBR) came 2nd in the team event.

From what I saw on tv the scenery and atmosphere looked amazing. But congratulations to everyone, not just the winners, to do 2173 miles on a bike for 3 weeks with just 2 days off and them mountain stages!!, what an achievement.

Last edited:

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
well done to bradley wiggins. never thought I'd see the day when a british cyclist won the tour. this must rank with the 4 minute mile, redgraves 5 medals england winning the world cup.

Got into cycling in the late 80's when i used to watch the c4 highlights of the tour everynight. followed the tour of britain for the few years it was on. remember sean yeats wearing the yellow jersey for one day.

If Bradley doesnt win the sports personality of the year then there is something wrong. it will take something truely magnificent between now and then for someone to get voted ahead of him.

This is a godlen period for british cycling and heres to many more years of success and more gold medals in the olympics.

well done bradley.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
A fantastic achievement and an even better set of bugger grips any scruffy techie would be proud to sport.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Wiggin, Cav and Co ain't finished yet..

Wiggin, Cav and Co ain't finished yet..

Any body who missed British sport at its every best can watch it all again hopefully on Saturday when Wiggo, Froome, Cav and David Millar dump their SKY/Garmin kit, stick on the Stella Mccarthy stuff and try to win Cav the Olympic road race down the Mall... Good luck to them all (somebody stuck a pesky climb called Box Hill 9 times in the middle!)

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Wiggins v Average UK Bloke

Height - 6ft 3ins v 5ft 9ins

Body Weight - 10st 9lb v 12st 2lb

Body fat - 4% v 16%

Resting Heart - 34bpm v 64+bpm

Lung Capacity - 8 ltrs v 6 ltrs

Aerobic machine :pDT_Xtremez_17:

N

NotAnIDOYet

Any body who missed British sport at its every best can watch it all again hopefully on Saturday when Wiggo, Froome, Cav and David Millar dump their SKY/Garmin kit, stick on the Stella Mccarthy stuff and try to win Cav the Olympic road race down the Mall... Good luck to them all (somebody stuck a pesky climb called Box Hill 9 times in the middle!)

Not a real hill compared to what they've just ridden around! Cav put his marker down on saturday and Sunday, both sprint finishes he kicked earlier than normal at the finish just to show the strength he's got this year. Almost unrecognisable from last years tour, his climbing is better and the team from British Cycling should be going all out to deliver the win for him. Expect to see a Froome, Wiggo, Millar lead out coming up the Mall. I don't think another country has the weapons to deal with that.

Wiggo for the time trial too, would like to see the girls do well on Sunday before we well and truly stuff it up the rest of the world at the velodrome. Want to see the delightful Miss Pendleton bow out on a high.

fileeth

Corporal
Team GB lead the pace from the front with nobody helping for 5+ hrs and then the break away - i reckon a bit of petty team/country jealousy meant no other team was willing to help with the hard graft of driving the peleton on:pDT_Xtremez_25: - even so all to play for in the time trials:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Team GB lead the pace from the front with nobody helping for 5+ hrs and then the break away - i reckon a bit of petty team/country jealousy meant no other team was willing to help with the hard graft of driving the peleton on:pDT_Xtremez_25: - even so all to play for in the time trials:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Quickest bloke won. What's the drama?

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Quickest bloke won. What's the drama?

Quickest bloke didn't win the road race, the bloke with the clearest head did.. wherever his blood was clean is another matter. I would say that IMHO all the drug cheats should be banned from the Olympics totally, but the rest of the world don't agree and so he was allowed to race, like David Millar was..