• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Trade group 7

• Thread starter Deleted member 777
  • Start date
N

NotAnIDOYet

Hi Hotspur, I'm not sure TG9 will have a massive issue getting into MT2.2 etc. The majority of the TG has had exposure to the ops side of things for a long ime; it is just the 'thoroughbred' ATC assistants who will have a bit of a mountain to climb.

Having left the Service a few years back, I welcome the merger. I think it is a win for the RAF as, having worked with both TG9 & TG12 I have found these individuals to be amongst the very best.

Have to agree with you there Hmmmm, I to welcome the merger but I think there will be some devil in the detail. I for one do not wish to be pidgeon holed into a "legacy" ABM job unless there can be some light at the end of the tunnel. All I can see at the moment is 3 promotion streams and an ever diminishing choice of posts, all for passing a trade course.

For all the FOMs that fancy a shot at the ABM world, feel free to ask some questions, either on here or PM me.

H

Hammer

This is all still a plan at present, the date of Apr 11 is also not being promulgated by WO TG9 as its just a notional date. Not saying it wont happen but still needs to be staffed at 2 and 3* level yet and a few issues still need to be ironed out.

FTT will happen for TG9 regardless of a merger or not and rightly so.

FOMDude

SAC
BTW, who decided on TG7? Is that official 'cos I heard that the paper has only been sent for 2/3* staffing today.

Seems that some people are jumping to conclusions when it is not a 'done deal' and I dont see any fat ladies singing just yet?

:pDT_Xtremez_42:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
The clue is in the title of the website....

'E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network Forums'

Make of that what you will..... :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Last edited:
N

NotAnIDOYet

FOMDude;450473[COLOR=red said:
]...and I dont see any fat ladies singing just yet?[/COLOR]

:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Off TopicGet up to this secret Northumbrian unit, there are plenty if you want to organise a choir!

FOMDude

SAC
The clue is in the title of the website....

'E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network Forums'

Make of that what you will..... :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Hmm... there is probably more truth than rumour on this site as it is usually a forum for loosing off! hehe

Anyway - TG (Lucky) 7??

Also found out that the result (sounds like X Factor) of the SDSR is due out on 22 Oct 10...... Deep joy!

Y

You Can Call Me Al

and hell will freeze over before that happens GB!!!!

But now we've chinned off the cnutrollers to their own (spineless) spine.... who knows! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

FOMZ - you're a very naughty boy...:pDT_Xtremez_25:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
If a FOM can't have a cheap dig at the controllers - what is the world coming to? :pDT_Xtremez_05:

Fearless Leader

Corporal
Trades Merging

Trades Merging

So how does this get achieved with zero costs?

Nice to see that almost 20 years since I first heard this merger being proposed that it is finally happening. Next thing to resurrect is the 1957 Defence White Paper that declared all manned aircraft to be obsolete and that future wars would be fought with missiles... Lol.

FOMDude

SAC
Picking up an ailing thread.....

Picking up an ailing thread.....

Hey y'all,

So picking up on this ailing thread (tis very very quiet in the TG9 world at the moment!!)

I have just read the latest newsletter from WO TG9 and it states that CinC Air has told AO Batman that the merger with TG12 is to be 'completed' by 2013! Yikes. This goes against the big selling point that the Trades would merge 'over time' and this would not be rushed so that we get it right.

Anyone else get that uneasy feeling that we are going to rush into this partially blind (I say partially as I know there has been some super work done by WO/FS TG9 thus far to try and make this work) and not get it right? Will be ok for good old CinC Air as he will move on in a year or so....whilst we will be still trying to justify our existence after a potentially botched merger!

Finally, tranche 2 may well see TG9 and 12 decimated....(rumour only so don't quote me on that one!!)

Per Ardua... :pDT_Xtremez_42: