• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Web Site Hosting

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
A plea for some advice and suggestions please.....

Mrs Oldstacker and I are heavily involved with a small charity that currently has a website hosted by MrSite. The current webmaster has said he wants to stand down and has suggested (and we agree) that now is also the time to refresh and rehost the site.

We have no experience in this area but the charity has very limited funds and needs only a small web presence so free hosting looks like the way forward.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions they could share please?

Thanks

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Initially look at the budget available for the site, free sites are OK if your viewers are happy to be bombarded with advertising.

I would personally look at one of the £/mo hosting sites with page builders.

I have used > GoDaddy < and it is simple to use and cheap enough to be paid for as a 'donation'. You could also use PowerPoint saved as HTML and then look for a pure hosting site.

If you need any tips give me a shout.

Ex Tg3

SAC
PM me the charity and your domain name and I'll take a look.

I may be able to provide a very economical hosting option for a good cause ;)