• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Watering houseplants whole away

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I'm going away next week for a fortnight, what's the best way to water my houseplants? Cheers

J

Justacabbie

Get a 2 litre coke bottle and cut the bottom off. Make a small hole in the lid. Turn it upside down and shove it into your soil. Fill with water and "Hey Presto" an improvised plant watering type thing.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
....or, take a bucket of water and place one end of an old towel in it, tucking the other corners down the side of the plant pots. Capilliary action takes care of the rest.

J

Justacabbie

... or leave your front door unlocked with a note for your postman to pop in and water them once a week. They do that for you, you know!

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
I've just been away for 2 weeks and watered mine before I left and then as soon as I got back. They are fine.... maybe the plant fairies just looked after them!................ dont you have a neighbour that you trust that could pop round?

J

Justacabbie

You could ask any of the England team to do it for you, they have nothing to do for the next few weeks!