• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Video Editing

Lampoc

LAC
Hello from somewhere overseas!

We have a dining-in night in a couple of weeks to celebrate the 90th Anniversary of the RAF and as one of the few blue-jobs in a sea of green, I've been 'volunteered' to produce a short 5 minute video type thing of something RAF related. Being a lazy ******* I thought it would be easiest to steal a 5 minute scene from my DVD of 'Battle of Britain'. Does anyone know of any easy-to-use-and-FREE video editing software I could download to steal said scene???

Alternatively, does anyone know of any decent places I could download a RAF-type-video (even old black and white stuff would be great) in a highish resolution (gonna be projected on a big screen). I've looked for ages already but with no luck.

thanks in advance,
Lampoc

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
Depending on which version of MS office you have, you should find that Windows Moviemaker may work, you can certainly put titles, cut parts of a film add music etc, but I have not to much experience as to file fomats it works with and wether it will allow you to take a bit out of a full commercial film.

M

monobrow

Depending on which version of MS office you have......

Windows Movie Maker comes with XP and above I seem to recall....

Start -> All Programs -> Windows Movie Maker

It's not going to win you an award for production, but it's functional!

F

FuntimeSteve

I can give you something off my youtube channel if you want. www.youtube.com/funtimesteve2

If you look in the RAF Vids bit in the warfare history forum, ive posted my the RAF related vids in there so you can have a gander if you wish.

Regards to the software. I use ImToo DVD platinum ripper 4, to get footage off dvds. I then use windows movie maker to edit. It's really easy to use and once you've found your way around it you can make some proffesional looking stuff.

PM me on here if you see anything you fancy or just msg me through youtube.

Last edited:

Lampoc

LAC
Cheers Steve, some nice vids there. Have you got any of them that I could download in a higher resolution?

Also, does anyone know where I could download some cabbagey RAF tunes? For free of course - I'm buggered if I'm paying....