• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Veterans survey

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
In the AFPS Quarterly Digest Issue 9 are details of the Veterans Survey. It takes less than 10 minutes to complete.

"It is important that the government hear a wide range of views and we would like to encourage as many ex-UK Armed Forces Veterans .... to share feedback"

Go for it get your views out there

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
Beautifully crafted questionnaire.

If you ask questions such as "When did you stop beating your wife?" There is not really a correct answer you can provide.

Gotta love statisticians.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I've done it. Interesting questions about bullying & harassment etc - I've been outside >20 years after a >22 year service career. I don't recall anything that I would describe as bullying and harassment but I do remember odd occasions of fairly 'robust' behaviours which, if they were to occur today might be so described. Back then it was acceptable, and everyone took it on the chin and cracked on.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
It was 8 years after the event that I realised a Sqn Ldr had bullied me. I only realised it when someone in my current workplace tried a similar thing and my union rep colleague told me that it constituted bullying. This time instead of taking it, I pushed back very very hard, confronted said manager with my thoughts, and funnily enough it stopped and nobody has ever tried it again.

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
so i usually live in Saudi Arabia, question 1.
DO you live in the UK?
Answer = No
sorry not eligible.

So because i spent most of the year making decent money in not allowed after 17 years service ???

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
It seems that, to the ONS, a veteran is someone who left quite recently….