• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Veterans Discount Cards

norfolkred1

Sergeant
Any really worth getting. I have a rewards for Forces but never used it. Mrs N and I are planning a trip to Texas in a few month, very little on the rewards site unless your Florida bound. Anyone have a decent one that our Colonial Cousins accept from us poor Brits.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I usually use my forces discount card, ask for Discount for Coalition Forces and if they ask for ID, say I dont have it on me, but show my Forces Discount card that has some basic details. They normally don't know what they are looking at but see the words 'Forces' and 'discount' and that works...

Never had an issue doing that at all.. and I ask for Forces Discount everywhere I go in the USA (The Mrs hates me doing that) and usually get something off the bill, even if its just equivalent to the sales tax.

just don't be afraid to ask for it, don't ask - don't get.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I've had my defence discount card accepted in USA, Canada, Norway, Denmark, Germany. I even got 2.5% in Abu Dhabi. I wouldn't rely on it but as the Fomz says - Don't ask don't get...

*edit* too much red wine... hic!

Last edited: