• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vehicle Tracking.

C

Chuffybum

Vehicle Tracking.

God help us!!! This idea is totally ludicrous. We pay too much for using the roads anyway what with petrol/diesol taxed to the hilt (and little of it going back into the road structure), and Road Tax (and little of that also going back into the road structure), now they want to get us on mileage!! I dread to think of how many car owners in the country who will not be able to afford this and due to the fact they they HAVE to use their car will end up skimping on something else eg insurance!!

Last edited:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Going up and down the country is fairly easy on a train but getting across it is a mare...So instead of building roads, and to replace the journey capability, they will have to build sh*t loads of rail links...which the greenies will oppose as theres bound to be a disgruntled doormouse living in the way or something...

Why don't we just start off with somethng easy like the Yanks have with their lane for lift sharing...I know we've experimented with it but theres loads of potential for it...The government still get to make loads of money out of it by fining people that don't adhere as well!

This whole thing stinks of making money for a skint, teetering government...It's not as if we all move over to the new system and a new and improved travel system springs up to take the strain...It would take a decade for it to be remotley upgraded and by that time the cofferes would have overflowed, been raped and spent elsewhere....

A

Albert Park

One thing I suspect we can all agree is that congestion is bad. It's bad for business because it disrupts the delivery of goods and services. It affects people's quality of life. And it is bad for the environment. That is why tackling congestion is a key priority for any Government.

Traffic planners have been accused of artificially creating congestion in order to 'make a case' for congestion charges.
Congestion is predicted to increase by 25% by 2015. This is being driven by economic prosperity. There are 6 million more vehicles on the road now than in 1997, and predictions are that this trend will continue.

There may be 6m more vehicles but there isn't 6m more people to drive them! Stop the spin, Blair.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Tony Blair said:
I know many people's biggest worry about road pricing is that it will be a "stealth tax" on motorists. It won't. Road pricing is about tackling congestion.

Sorry mr Blair,
I don't buy that. This is just ANOTHER example of rip off Britain. If you really want to reduce congestion, try getting heavy frieght off the roads and on to the railways get the railways and buses running on time. Some of us are paying a phenomenal amount of money just to get to work every week it's costing me a third of my wage. Many of us have been forced, by your policies, to seek work ever further away from home and family just to earn enough to make ends meet and cannot afford to buy property closer to where we actually work.
Please stop wasting money on dodgy assylum seekers and immigrants and start looking after the average citizen, force British companies to start investing in our own people instead of moving jobs abroad to increase their own corporate profits.
You continually enforce pay awards below the average rate of inflation on us then have the bare faced cheek to award yourselves massive inflation busting wage increases try living on our wage for a year and see how you cope.
This is a plea from the bottom of the food chain. If you introduce this plan, I will be unable to continue working and as there a very few jobs now in South Wales that will pay enough to meet my bills, I will lose my home. Having been in constant employment since I left school in 1980 I will NOT resort to living on state benefit not while I can still work. Help me to help my family and abandon this draconian plan

Yours sincerely

A voter

P.S Down here in the mud we don't care about Britain hosting the Olympic games, no country ever makes the money back let alone turn a profit from them. The same goes for the world cup too. Try spending OUR money on US and OUR needs let the rest of the world including Europe look after themselves. We are becoming a third world country and it's time to stop the slide ! It's time to re-examine the contempt America shows it's "special friend" too

Last edited:
M

Mrs_Monobrow

Well said SB.

I will also be another one who would have to give up my job should this pricing come about! I average about 80 miles in the 2 days a week that i work. That doesnt include school runs and hubby going to work or due to being in the forces and away from family, travelling to visit them!!!

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
This whole thing stinks of making money for a skint, teetering government...

But how ? They made 150 BILLION pounds of us last year where the hell is it all going, WE know it's not on the military, the parents among us don't see it showing in our schools and as for our health service, well let's not go there..... Where is the bl00dy cash going ?