• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vehicle Movements

C

carigjosp

Hi Guys,
Was wondering how I should go about getting my car and motorbikes to Cyprus. I'm posted out there soon, and I've heard that I might be able to get them out there via Lyneham on a Herc for a few tins.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Hi Guys,
Was wondering how I should go about getting my car and motorbikes to Cyprus. I'm posted out there soon, and I've heard that I might be able to get them out there via Lyneham on a Herc for a few tins.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Top tip for you.......Go to the search menu (top bar under e-goat logo) and type in "car cyprus" you will see various threads on the subject......

Crack on...................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

P

pie sandwich

To be honest mate, I ve much doubt you will be able to go down that route any more, maybe 10 years ago when I got posted out there, but you would need an empty herc going that way, and they are in very short supply never mind an empty one.

Quickest way would be to drive. it should only take about 7 days if you time it right on the ferry.

C

carigjosp

I am good, but I don't think even I would manage to drive my car and two motorbikes simulateously through Europe...
Wish I had a towbar and a trailer though.
Looks like I'll have to pay to get the bikes taken over. I've been told be the movements guys that getting the car over is no problem on indulgence.

woody

SAC
You need to contact the Air Freight centre at Andover, they will advise you the correct paperwork to fill in and how to do it. They will also tell you how to prep your bike for air travel.

You may have to make friends with a R&D type suppiler or a mover.

Once they have your paperwork they will put you on a waiting list and when they have space on a herc going that way they will let you know where to get your bike and when. It may take a few months to do this as not always mush space going that way.

There was a company(Sawmills) outside Lyneham that held cars/bikes so they could get them to cargo quickly. Or leave it with a mate at Lye.

I dont have the number for Andover at the moment as I am at home will try and dig it out and post it later.

Hope this helps.

C

carigjosp

Super, thanks for that.
Looks like I'd better get networking in the Lyneham area!

D

Dicky Flight

Super, thanks for that.
Looks like I'd better get networking in the Lyneham area!

Was sometime ago when I was last out there - but if the place still functions something like it did, make some good, regular contacts with the Maritime guys. If you pitch it right, they might be able to ship your car & bike back for you when the time comes. They did mine; it cost me 2 crates of Charlie.

Good luck!