• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vaccination Thread

Will you have it when offered

• Yes

Votes: 50 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
This is interesting and scary at the same time ...

https://www.quora.com/profile/Mitchell-Tsai
1623485996048.png

Mitchell Tsai

Virus researcher at Harvard Medical School in 1980s June 5

A 36-year-old woman in South Africa with HIV carried Covid for 216 days, during which Covid viruses accumulated 32 mutations - 13 to the spike protein (could help Covid viruses escape immune responses).

If more such cases are found, it raises the prospect that HIV infection could be a source of new variants simply because the patients could carry the virus for longer.

Scientists only spotted this case because she was enrolled in a study of 300 people with HIV looking at their immune response to Covid.

The researchers also found that four other people with HIV had carried the coronavirus for longer than a month.

…there have been reported cases of people with kidney transplants testing positive for almost a year.
https://www.businessinsider.com/woman-hiv-had-coronavirus-216-days-virus-mutated-2021-6

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I only really look at the health care numbers which have been a consistent indicator, and they have also increased but by not as much

I'm not sure how much of an impact an extension to the current restrictions would have on my life and I can't really think of any that I can't cope with for a few more weeks, although I am holding off buying my Cineworld unlimited pass and booking my short staycation until I know I normality will return (ish)

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
As a semi pro musician, I've seen no income from that line of work for over a year now. The lockdown extension has just cancelled 5 more bookings. No light at the end of the tunnel for events/hospitality companies.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Having to continue to organise staff and volunteers for table service at my club is proving tiresome and it barely covers costs with the increased staffing. The benefits mainly come from exercising the supply chain prior to full re-opening which at the moment is fragile as the brewery's seem not to be able to produce sufficient amounts of Doom right now! post #179 on this thread airs my thoughts on whether we shouldn't just go for it but I

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Had my second jab today. I can see no reason the AZ jab should not be open to the 18-30 club. Both my daughters had it as part of their health worker roles. Get as many jabbed up as possible. Risks against not using it are considerably higher.

Last edited:

rebbonk

SAC
After months of uphill fighting, my children finally got things before the coroner this last week. He has ruled that the Pfizer vaccine triggered their mother's death.

Many would have given up the fight due to the obstacles and accusations of paranoia, covidiocy and tin-foil hattery that my children endured. They stuck by their belief and were proven to be correct; a few of their acquaintances are now eating humble pie.

Does this mean that the vaccine is unsafe? - No. It just means that in this case, it set off an unfortunate chain of events. But, had my children not been determined to get to the truth, it would have gone down as another natural death where it was simply coincidence that she'd had the vaccine a few hours before.

After months of uphill fighting, my children finally got things before the coroner this last week. He has ruled that the Pfizer vaccine triggered their mother's death.

Many would have given up the fight due to the obstacles and accusations of paranoia, covidiocy and tin-foil hattery that my children endured. They stuck by their belief and were proven to be correct; a few of their acquaintances are now eating humble pie.

Does this mean that the vaccine is unsafe? - No. It just means that in this case, it set off an unfortunate chain of events. But, had my children not been determined to get to the truth, it would have gone down as another natural death where it was simply coincidence that she'd had the vaccine a few hours before.
Im sorry for yours and your Childrens Loss.

How many people on here have read studies regarding the Vaccine ? or just what the news tells you ? I mean there are some truly absurd theories out there routed in paranoia and downright ignorance and then there are genuine reasons to take a step back and wait.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The new variant has been named Omicron and it's an anagram of Moronic. Just saying

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
The new variant has been named Omicron and it's an anagram of Moronic. Just saying
It's also the 15th letter in the Greek Alphabet which is what the WHO started using back in May 21 to classify new COVID Strains.

Funnily enough they skipped Xi as folk would probably link it to Xi Jinping and his merry band of Communists.

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Chatted to my youngest last night that has begun her career as a phscyo with the increased intake of cases in the NHS. She says her hospital is starting to creak at the seams with Covid cases and that most people in ICU are people that were not vaccinated.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
We had 2 Astrazeneca vaccinations but our booster last week was Moderna. Not too much wait no side effects.
All 3 have been Pfizer flavour for me and no side effects at all. Flu jabbed as well. Happy days

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Felt a bit fluey with both AZ, nothing with the Pfizer at all.

Still not had it yet, despite working mostly on sites for the past 6 months and being involved in recruitment activity for the past 3.

gray

Sergeant
Chatted to my youngest last night that has begun her career as a phscyo with the increased intake of cases in the NHS. She says her hospital is starting to creak at the seams with Covid cases and that most people in ICU are people that were not vaccinated.
My friend is a nurse in Swindon and says the same.. 90% at least are unvaccinated in GWH beds....

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Moderna booster shot for me yesterday. Bit of a sore arm, but a small price to pay to protect me against serious illness.

I would support a political decision to start charging the voluntarily unvaccinated for any covid-related hospital treatment.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
NHS needs to free for all, once you start to judge peoples need you will not only have a heavily politicised organisation but you will also have populist non medical biases in treatment.

Exclude fat people with weight linked conditions, smokers for lung conditions, drivers for speeding accidents where would it stop,

The NHS needs reform but this would not be my preferred pathway.

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Rang my surgery as im UK bound this week to arrange a booster to be told that they were only doing the 50's and above, and after thats done they are closing both thier vaccniation centers.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
NHS needs to free for all, once you start to judge peoples need you will not only have a heavily politicised organisation but you will also have populist non medical biases in treatment.

Exclude fat people with weight linked conditions, smokers for lung conditions, drivers for speeding accidents where would it stop,

The NHS needs reform but this would not be my preferred pathway.
Cant recall obesity or lung cancer being transmissible between humans.

UlsterExile

Sergeant
Had my booster the other day, wiped me out for 24 hours., better than my first jab when i was floored for nearly 3 days. All three have been Pfizer. Something is better than nothing in my book.