• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vaccination Thread

Will you have it when offered

• Yes

Votes: 50 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Mrs Seed is in the 55 to 60 bracket. I went to THIS LINKY and booked her first jab for 4th March and second for 12th May. I've no idea what it's like outside of north Essex/South Suffolk but it seems that they are just accepting bookings around here.

^ The first thing that link says is:

You can only use this service if any of the following apply:

• you are aged 64 or over...

fourteen2two

Corporal
It should work, when we booked ours it was saying you must be 70 or over but were able to book both ours quite easily despite being in the 65 to 69 group. It took them a bit of time to update it.
The downside is if one of your times is not available it does not tell you which one! You have to start again. It can take a couple of goes.
Surprised the software experts haven't fixed that.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
^ The first thing that link says is:

You can only use this service if any of the following apply:

• you are aged 64 or over..
That is what the web-site said when I entered Mrs Seeds details. Plus, no diseases no diabetes no COPD et al. It let me book her the first and second jab it without her NHS number. GP address or name or practice. I had more hassle from her about "what other dates were available" and "what other choices do I have" An Hour before I made the booking she had the hump about all the BAME numpites who were turning down jabs.... Now she has 2 jabs booked...

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
had my first jab yesterday and im only 41, i do live in sunny KSA though. went to the walk in clinic and was back out inside ten min's. mind you woke up at 0200 this mornign sweating but freezing cold with a pounding headache.

least i know what to look forward to in six weeks time.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
had my first jab yesterday and im only 41, i do live in sunny KSA though. went to the walk in clinic and was back out inside ten min's. mind you woke up at 0200 this mornign sweating but freezing cold with a pounding headache.

That'll be the Sid

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts

I've known a couple of people who had a ropey 1st day but were then ok until about day 4 when they had 2 - 3 days of being really rough. Still better than weeks or months (or worse) of the disease though.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

As soon as I saw the words "sunny KSA" I thought to myself - I hope the headache was fking awful...

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Vaccination booking site is now open to those over 60 - booked for me & Mrs Oldstacker this morning and we get our first jabs on Thurs PM......... 2nd doses in May

Vushtrri

Sergeant
I had a jab along with the Mrs yesterday......and don’t I know it! Never ever felt so shite. Far worse than any Wobbly induced hangover. The dogs going to be left to fend for itself today...

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I had a jab along with the Mrs yesterday......and don’t I know it! Never ever felt so shite. Far worse than any Wobbly induced hangover. The dogs going to be left to fend for itself today...
Hope the after effects pass quickly. What flavour of jab did you have??

My wife and I had ours last Wednesday. She just had a sore arm, whereas I felt like sh*t the next day - like the start of a cold: achy and hot. Only lasted that day though. AstraZeneca.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I don’t know why Stephen Fry’s vaccination is so important that it keeps coming up as a headline on my Echo Show.

Vushtrri

Sergeant
Hope the after effects pass quickly. What flavour of jab did you have??
Astra Zeneca. Had it at 1300 hrs
By midnight I was shaking and sweating that much I could hardly sit on the bog. Anyone would have thought I was suffering badly from Parkinson’s! Shite..

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Mrs Oldstacker & I had ours (Astra Zeneca) 10 days ago - I had a very minor headache (not worth breaking out the Anadin) for around 24 - 36 hours but nothing else. She had a sore arm for about 48 hours but no headache. I suspect that the differences in reactions may be akin to the extent of reaction you might have had to the infection.... Or associated with whether or not we've already hade the illness (whether or not we know it).

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Had mine (Oxford AZ) on Saturday, feel fine. Oddly, I felt better than after my 2020 flu jab.

I was very impressed with the vaccination centre. They took over a local sports centre, properly resourced it to handle large numbers of people safely, very slick. I was in and out within 30 mins, and that was with the 10 minute sit down. My NHS wife had her second (Pfizer) jab today. She has a headache and has said a few from work have gone sick with the second jab...we'll see what tomorrow brings for her!