• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vaccination Thread

Will you have it when offered

• Yes

Votes: 50 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
I’ve just had the alternative to the vaccine....the real thing. Its not an experience I want to repeat.
I went into hospital on 4th Jan and I woke up about 10 days ago - from what I can gather.
I have suffered many, many drug-induced delusions and hallucinations. Im still not sure what is/was real or not.
I am still not at home, but sitting on yet another hospital bed in a “Recuperation Home”. My task here is to learn to walk, preferably without the use of a zimmer frame, learn to go up and down stairs and to tie my own shoelaces again....this is the reality of successfully recovering from Covid.
Yes, I would take the drugs offered....
That is shit news mate. Best wishes on your recovery. I go to the funeral of Brian next week, the man that paid for the restoration of XX741. He didn't wake up.

Last edited:

rebbonk

SAC
Ex-wife vaccinated Wednesday afternoon, found dead Thursday morning. Referred to the coroner.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Ex-wife vaccinated Wednesday afternoon, found dead Thursday morning. Referred to the coroner.
That's not good & potentially worrying. On the news tonight they said about 3/1000 have side effects, some for up to 4 days. Even so, I would rather take my chances with the vaccine than the virus......

Vushtrri

Sergeant
Once you’re through it all let us know just how long it’s taken and how much they could honestly drop to speed things safely up?
Well...how much closer am I to actually sticking needles in people? No idea as I’ve given up sadly.
I completed all the modules and tests..over 50 in the end spending days wading through it then got to the background checks etc that are being done by a company called Sterling on behalf of the NHS. Again, there were elements that couldn’t be done on an iPad like sending them a copy of your driving licence / passport..it had to be a Live Photo and not one from an album etc so had to borrow a family members phone to do it.
Everything they asked for has been submitted but they still keep coming back to me saying they need two of the certificates and can’t proceed without them. I have resubmitted them 8 times and confirmed they have gone. I’ve taken the issue up with them..one dept says everything’s in order...another says it isn’t. ...says it all...

Are El

LAC
I do notice that the UK is cracking on with vaccinations +-/- 11 million, think they've done just over 50,000 here

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Well...how much closer am I to actually sticking needles in people? No idea as I’ve given up sadly.
I completed all the modules and tests..over 50 in the end spending days wading through it then got to the background checks etc that are being done by a company called Sterling on behalf of the NHS. Again, there were elements that couldn’t be done on an iPad like sending them a copy of your driving licence / passport..it had to be a Live Photo and not one from an album etc so had to borrow a family members phone to do it.
Everything they asked for has been submitted but they still keep coming back to me saying they need two of the certificates and can’t proceed without them. I have resubmitted them 8 times and confirmed they have gone. I’ve taken the issue up with them..one dept says everything’s in order...another says it isn’t. ...says it all...

Our local paper put an appeal out this week for volunteers as they didnt have any. This caused some annoyance amongst our local whatsapp group that have completed several thousand tasks on behalf of the community over the past 12 months, as most of us had volunteered and had heard nothing since from the NHS manager who was supposed to be the co-ordinator. Similarly most of us also registered for that Goodsam app which is supposed to allocate tasks - in 12 months, I have had one, and that is one more than most of the volunteers!

It seems like yet again, beaurocracy and red tape is hampering the national effort - who'd have thought it with the involvement of public sector employees eh? ;)

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Some of the 65 - 70 group already getting calls to come and be jabbed up in my locale.
We're in like Flynn next.... Apparently the local Addenbrokes refused to defrost another batch as the F/Line NHS workers "didn't signup in the expected numbers"

I wonder who they might be?

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I'm sorry but if you are a member of a group that we have been repeatedly told are at higher risk and are working in an area where you are more exposed to that risk and also at risk of passing it on to other higher risk groups (those with underlying conditions) and also part of group (health workers) that should be setting an example of positive health behaviours then it is almost unforgiveable to not take advantage of the most promising and best available prophylaxis available.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Well, they've got about a month to get as many first doses done before everything starts to get jammed up with 2nd doses.

Saying that with capacity running at 3m jabs a week it still an amazing success story, my parents and in-laws are all mid 70's and had their jabs last week.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I’ve just had the alternative to the vaccine....the real thing. Its not an experience I want to repeat.
I went into hospital on 4th Jan and I woke up about 10 days ago - from what I can gather.
I have suffered many, many drug-induced delusions and hallucinations. Im still not sure what is/was real or not.
I am still not at home, but sitting on yet another hospital bed in a “Recuperation Home”. My task here is to learn to walk, preferably without the use of a zimmer frame, learn to go up and down stairs and to tie my own shoelaces again....this is the reality of successfully recovering from Covid.
Yes, I would take the drugs offered....
Good to hear that you have pulled through! Keep us updated on your progress.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
They are cracking through the 60-65's in Cornwall now...my bud got jabbed last week and as a bonus they threw in one for his 56 year old wife. At 29 with a long flowing mane of blonde hair and ripped abs I'll still have a while to wait yet... *sigh*