• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Usergroups

M

monobrow

Ok, one for the mods this.....

It seems like every man and his dog wanted a tag recently and TheFOMz pointed out that you can join usergroups from the user control panel......

Is there any chance of any different usergroups? Or are userbars the way forward?

For instance, i made this one for Mo4 and Captain Slog who appear to be able to speak welsh (well, fluent bo11ocks)....

uber.jpg

And this userbar for Scaley Brat, who appears to be proud of doing LITS day in day out....

UserBarLITS.gif

Whaddya think?

Taking bets though on how quick this goes to the playground!

M

monobrow

Ok, so you made me "Wannabe Welsh" but back on topic.....

Do you think more usergroups would be sustainable?

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Ok, one for the mods this.....

It seems like every man and his dog wanted a tag recently and TheFOMz pointed out that you can join usergroups from the user control panel......

Is there any chance of any different usergroups? Or are userbars the way forward?

For instance, i made this one for Mo4 and Captain Slog who appear to be able to speak welsh (well, fluent bo11ocks)....

uber.jpg

And this userbar for Scaley Brat, who appears to be proud of doing LITS day in day out....

UserBarLITS.gif

Whaddya think?

You gonna die dude..... them big balls been cut off yet ? :pDT_Xtremez_31:
Thanks for the userbar, I'd just like to say.... LITS is great ! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

M

monobrow

Now without going toooo mental, Theres alot of expertise on the site that could be identified by a tag or userbar.

For instance (old gen) but Twonston Pickle was a recruiter.

Scoobyroo has a knack with cars

etc etc....

Thats what I mean by do you think it'd be sustainable to allow users to create their own groups, or whether userbars in the signature is the way forward.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
I like userbars you can become very creative with them and if you have a few there are websites that can put lots of userbars into one that rotates through them.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
I think we're looking at the LITS angle, ask advice from the LITS guru's. The beauty of it is LITS isn't platform specific, it just seems to get used that way. If anyone wants a bit of free advice, I know several LITS guru's who'd be only to happy to help you out.

Scoobyroo and BengO for car advice, S2 for help with relationships, Mad collie for Schizophrenia and myself for anything LITSy. The possibilities are endless. What do you think ?

Will you stop doing that.....I'm going to take you to the V E T ! :pDT_Xtremez_15:

Last edited:

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
I think we're looking at the LITS angle, ask advice from the LITS guru's. The beauty of it is LITS isn't platform specific, it just seems to get used that way. If anyone wants a bit of free advice, I know several LITS guru's who'd be only to happy to help you out.

Scoobyroo and BengO for car advice, S2 for help with relationships, Mad collie for Schizophrenia and myself for anything gay. The possibilities are endless. What do you think ?

You crease me up.

Last edited:
M

monobrow

I like userbars you can become very creative with them and if you have a few there are websites that can put lots of userbars into one that rotates through them.

Well I seen many people "stack" them to make em look important, like Firefox user, VW driver, Welsh, LITS god.......

I can animate a set into one .gif but it all depends. There are so many skills that as a collective we all have. In and out of service life.

I asked about the usergroups, if users can create them, but as far as I can see it would be unsustainable, as people would want to badge themselves to the max.

Only ideas though

MingMong

Warrant Officer
Surely, if you want to tell the world that you are a LITS guru, or even a sad trekkie, there is a 100% customisable area that you can use already.
It's called your signature block. You can, within reason put whatever you want in there, without imposing any extra work on Wobbly.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Surely, if you want to tell the world that you are a LITS guru, or even a sad trekkie, there is a 100% customisable area that you can use already.
It's called your signature block. You can, within reason put whatever you want in there, without imposing any extra work on Wobbly.

Well said MingMong, there is enough for the site admins to do without creating groups for everybodies hobbies.

Customising your signature block will be just as effective.

F

Fablon biff chit

What for? There are too many already. THis will turn out like your CS95 uniform, covered in badges!

zipfish

Mr
What's with this "Egoat veteran" tag that some of you smalleys are sporting?

Get some fookin time in :pDT_Xtremez_17:

M

mumof4

was speaking Klingon not welsh.:pDT_Xtremez_30: :pDT_Xtremez_31: ..