• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Use of the term 'Ma'am' to address female officers and warrant officers

To be perfectly honest I reckon this guy is probably sat at home on his tablet phone thingy laughing his Tits off, just as I did looking through all these things that, IMO, are bull**** rules anyway. The rules do need changing and modernising, we aren't in the second world war still after all. However I must admit, I inspect my own house from time to time, a lack of cleanliness is a lack of discipline, my sideburns do drop below the required mark but are shaved up for the right occasions, they don't take the ****, and ma'am doesn't sound anything like mum anyway. I just think he's having ****s and giggles.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Similar to one of those WMD's that Vim has described on other, perhaps less discerning threads, (the sh!t in the trap at the end of the office) EXTCWTG3SAC may well have the same effect whenever making an appearing in the crew-room.

There again I might be wrong. It sounds like it could be a lot worse...

jimreaper

LAC
Once again, the problem appears to be with you !

If Ma'am and Mum sound the same - then you are not speaking clearly enough

try something like: http://www.onestopenglish.com/skills/pronunciation/pronunciation-exercises/ to help speak clearer

Although, if you do think female officers are you mum - then you have some real issues and should get help.. These may be why you were never promoted, and are still living in the singles block at 35 - just sayin'

Just to make a slight correction, nobody lives in the singlies block, none of them have a life at all!!