• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Uproar as Sailor Drinks Alcohol

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Crew of Trenchant plays a blinder...

A submarine crew were filmed having a party during the coronavirus lockdown, prompting a Royal Navy investigation.

The captain of HMS Trenchant, a nuclear-powered attack submarine based at Devonport in Plymouth, has been sent home on leave.

The Barstewards! I love the prudish statement:

and a source confirmed some were drinking alcohol.

They were submariners above water...they'll be bathing in the stuff!

Story HERE

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Stuck in a tin can umpteen fathoms underwater that's about as isolated as you can get. The submariners stay on the quayside and don't mingle with normal humans and party on. Non story but for the unexpected gardening leave given to the skipper, who has probably spent his last time on a sub.

Entropy

Sergeant
The skipper has been sacked. Apparently he ignored suggestions from almost everyone not to hold the party but he ignored their advice. I suspect he was highly regarded amongst the crew but a pain to command staff.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
No place in today's Navy for character I fear...

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Probably in many walks of life, but "Empowerment" - the great word for the last 4 years seems to have been removed from our organisations' vocabulary, and replaced with "do as I say, even if it is wrong on so many levels".

It really is showing a lot of my senior managers in a very different light, as they either fight for their moment in the limelight with their latest idea, or grumble in the background, only to metaphorically climb up the great dictator's backside every day to floss teeth from the inside. Anyone who asks an un-scripted question is immediately marginalised.

StickyFingers

Sergeant
Empowerment works if you hit them with a sweet SMERLAC, but if one of those L's is "Don't throw that party" you're probably gonna catch some heat for throwing the party.

Also, stop filming everything, idiots.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Anyone who asks an un-scripted question is immediately marginalised.
Pot to Kettle, are you receiving, over ?

The lack of self awareness of this throbber never ceases to amaze me.

How many people have you got on ignore for asking questions you can't answer ?