• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

United Kingdom General Election 2015

United Kingdom General Election 2015

• Total voters

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
... were responsible for destroying our car industry at the time by producing sh_t cars! ...The closed shop was probably more to blame for the demise of British industry than anything else. ... because they are producing cars that people want to buy!!?

So....the workers were to blame by making $hit cars, this was because the union was a closed shop, and everythings rosy now because they`re now making cars people want ? Ergo, companies were making cars that nobody wanted, which was the lazy workers fault ?

Do you not think that perhaps the designers may have been at fault ? Or the management that set out what they wanted ?

No wonder countries fubar`d, there`s no qualification exam for a vote.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Standby for double the amount of cuts.

My predictions...

11% PAYRISE To go through quickly, seeing as the electorate will be too stupid to remember in 5yrs time

FRACKING Licences to be given out like confetti

TTIP To get the big go ahead

DR BEECHING To make a return in the North

Old Timer Chris

Corporal
So....the workers were to blame by making $hit cars, this was because the union was a closed shop, and everythings rosy now because they`re now making cars people want ? Ergo, companies were making cars that nobody wanted, which was the lazy workers fault ?

Do you not think that perhaps the designers may have been at fault ? Or the management that set out what they wanted ?

No wonder countries fubar`d, there`s no qualification exam for a vote.

I think your missing the point. The Unions had so much power at the time that if you want a job you had no option but to join and toe the union line. The also resisted any reforms or change in work practices and management were virtually paralysed, if they wanted to avoid a pointless strike. So the industries wasn't making any money, became uncompetitive and there was no money for new designs or investment so the rest is history!

We now have a thriving car industry with a future, The workers are well paid and still have unions to represent their interests, only this time round the workers, and the unions, realise you have make a profit to invest in new product that people want to buy to protect the future of the company. I am not blaming the workers they had just become pawns in a high steaks game where the unions were controlling the shots and I think some would like to go back to those days!

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I think your missing the point. The Unions had so much power at the time that if you want a job you had no option but to join and toe the union line. The also resisted any reforms or change in work practices and management were virtually paralysed, if they wanted to avoid a pointless strike. So the industries wasn't making any money, became uncompetitive and there was no money for new designs or investment so the rest is history!

We now have a thriving car industry with a future, The workers are well paid and still have unions to represent their interests, only this time round the workers, and the unions, realise you have make a profit to invest in new product that people want to buy to protect the future of the company. I am not blaming the workers they had just become pawns in a high steaks game where the unions were controlling the shots and I think some would like to go back to those days!

So it was the workers fault that the cars coming off the production line had faults

FOMz

Warrant Officer
My predictions...

11% PAYRISE To go through quickly, seeing as the electorate will be too stupid to remember in 5yrs time

FRACKING Licences to be given out like confetti

TTIP To get the big go ahead

DR BEECHING To make a return in the North

And don't forget they will real the hunting ban soonest to appease their upper class chums..what!

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I'd put up MP pay by 50% - if only to make it competitive enough to exclude the well meaning idiots, and attract more people from indsutry with the wit and track record to succeed.

NigeC

Corporal
Well, now that the dust is starting to settle, leaders have fallen on their swords, wailing & gnashing of teeth from those that did not succeed............

Irrespective of what your party allegiance is, the people have voted and we have the Government that the people voted for. For better or worse, time will tell

If memory serves me right, it is called democracy and our voting system is a tad brutal and "unfair" - Votes / MP's - SNP / UKIP is an example.

We now have 5 years for the other parties to convince the electorate that they are better than the present incumbent

Oh, has any one seen Ed's stone ? Would be happy to share the crate of champagne that one of the tabloids is offering for its location

Last edited:

Bannock

LAC
"Oh, has any one seen Ed's stone ? "

The Labour party have done a Nimrod and cut it up before it comes back to bite them on the arse.

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
"Oh, has any one seen Ed's stone ? "

The Labour party have done a Nimrod and cut it up before it comes back to bite them on the arse.

I think it would look better on the pavement along Millbank so they can look at it everyday and be reminded that the British people aren't fooled by a load of empty words on a tombstone.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I think it would look better on the pavement along Millbank so they can look at it everyday and be reminded that the British people aren't fooled by a load of empty words on a tombstone.
Labour moved out of Millbank a while ago IIRC, perhaps they could mount it somewhere in London so people can graffiti it rather than war memorials.