• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Uniform unrecognised?

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Does it have an expiry date on it? The new-style MOD 90s are valid for 4 (I think) years from the date of issue. Even if you have less time left than that when you get it. More joined-up thinking!

I'm hanging onto my good old F1250 for dear life even though the photograph is of a much younger (and better looking) man.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

The photogs screwed up when I got my last 1250, turned the brightness right down before sending the image to the cardmakers. It looks like a silhouette but the SGF haven't picked on it once!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

W

Wing boy

It seems the MOD invested (read : wasted) all that money on those Royal Air Force badges for our greens, only to forget about the blues!

My normal working dress is my greens, and wandering around the garrison town, STILL get mistaken for army. Now, I can see why this is an easy mistake to make, but people stood right in front of you, talking to you, still fail to see that big badge on our chest.

I remember when these badges first came out, it was claimed that they were to distinguish us apart from the army, but this doesnt seem to have made the slightest bit of difference!

Just what was the point?

Absolute classic, Stick on either webbing or ECBA and where is that RAF badge now?

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
As I already said FBC, when I double check it does say F1250 still so maybe i've been issued old stock (possibly illegally...?) ::p:

H

HappyG

I wouldn't know mate only wear my uniform to work don't go out shopping or anything else whilst wearing it.