• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Uav/rpas/uas

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
How would you guys and girls feel about UAV/RPAS/UAS flying above your head? What would be your concerns about falling out the sky etc?

I am involved in the regulatory, airworthiness, licensing phases of perhaps delivery UAS.

Thoughts appreciated.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
How would you guys and girls feel about UAV/RPAS/UAS flying above your head? What would be your concerns about falling out the sky etc?

I am involved in the regulatory, airworthiness, licensing phases of perhaps delivery UAS.

Thoughts appreciated.

No different to a plane flying over, I don't know whether if it is in manual control or on autopilot. The day any planes start dropping out of the sky on a high frequent basis is the time to worry.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
What he said.

A plane doesn't crash because it doesn't have a pilot

- more often than not it crashes because it does have one.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
It doesn't bother me one jot.

The only people I can see getting upset are the bleeding heart liberals and people who have stuff to hide and don't like the idea of spies in the sky

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm not remotely bothered stuff flies overhead 24/7 already I can't see what difference an extra drone or two makes. But I've got nothing to hide, those that have might think otherwise about the flights

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Just watching Terminator 3, can we make sure that there is a really accessible kill switch, just in case.

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant

Thoughts appreciated.

There's been a problem in Vancouver with privately-owned vehicles doing a Peeping Tom through people's bedroom windows. There was a thread about it on PPruNe a couple of months ago, I think in the Jet Blast forum, although I could be wrong there.