• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Two questions about RTS

I was only terminated from my previous employment at the weekend and I start at RTS next week. I won't have my P45 by then, so will I be able to get it posted down to me?

Second question; how much civvy clothing should I take down there? I know that I won't have the opportunity to wear it much, especially in the first few weeks, but will one or two t-shirts be enough?

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
I was only terminated from my previous employment at the weekend and I start at RTS next week. I won't have my P45 by then, so will I be able to get it posted down to me?

It doesn't really make much difference, if you don't have it on your first day you will fill in a P46 and get issued a new tax code.

Second question; how much civvy clothing should I take down there? I know that I won't have the opportunity to wear it much, especially in the first few weeks, but will one or two t-shirts be enough?

Depends on yourself really. Always good to keep a few sets with you for relaxing in. Plus if your about on the weekends you might want to go to Aylesbury or Milton Keynes on the pop.

It doesn't really make much difference, if you don't have it on your first day you will fill in a P46 and get issued a new tax code.

Thanks.

Depends on yourself really. Always good to keep a few sets with you for relaxing in. Plus if your about on the weekends you might want to go to Aylesbury or Milton Keynes on the pop.

Will I have space to store it in though? I remember reading 'space is at a premium'.

actechy14

LAC
Techie_tubbie "you might want to go to Aylesbury or Milton Keynes on the pop"

It's forbidden to go to pubs in and around wendover, tring, Aylesbury etc.. we went to Milton Keynes for a night out.

84scouse

SAC
in all honesty you will have plenty of space for a few sets of civvies, you get two lockers the same size- one for all of your military kit and one for your civvy stuff. Anything you can't fit in you can leave in your suitcase- as long as it's folded & tidy cos they are subject to inspection.