• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trying to get in the RAFP. Any tips?

Hi all, getting set for my interview to join RAFP.

What am I likely to expect to be my first posting and for how long etc?
How likely am I to become a dog handler if I request it?
Any other little hints you have?

Thanks in advance

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Don't p1ss techies off. In general they're cleverer and inventive in revenge.

Ah yes, the 'clever' techie - nothing better that rimming all the tea bar mugs and eating all the techies stickies whilst doing 'tins' ;)

Even managed to nail a young girly copper over a SEngO desk in the early hours!

Right, erm back to the question:

1st posting, anywhere, but a high possibility is TPS, crying out for people there and usually for about 2 years.

Dog handler is a possibility too as they are crying out for them. It should have been identified during your selection process if you were going down that route or not, but if you flag it up immediately they will be able to see about vacancies.

Right, erm back to the question:

1st posting, anywhere, but a high possibility is TPS, crying out for people there and usually for about 2 years.

Dog handler is a possibility too as they are crying out for them. It should have been identified during your selection process if you were going down that route or not, but if you flag it up immediately they will be able to see about vacancies.

Thanks for the reply. That's all great news, TPS looks most interesting to me so fingers crossed!