• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trident and Putin

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Britain plans to deploy Trident for first time since Cold War in face of Putin aggression

the war games would be the first time the Trident nuclear deterrent system has been deployed alongside forces from other nations since the Cold War.

Thousands of troops, ships, submarines and aircraft would take part in the enormous exercise. It comes as tensions between Russia and the West have hit an all-time high over Putin's bombing campaign in Syria.

First of all at least one is always deployed (CASD) and this has been so since 65. Secondly if we plan to involve them with other nations forces where the deck is the MPA whose primary role is to protect them should they need to break their modus operandi?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/61...ladimir-Putin-aggression-Cold-War-Russia-NATO

First of all at least one is always deployed (CASD) and this has been so since 65. Secondly if we plan to involve them with other nations forces where the deck is the MPA whose primary role is to protect them should they need to break their modus operandi?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/61...ladimir-Putin-aggression-Cold-War-Russia-NATO

Like most people I rely on the media for information about what's happening in the world. It is only when you read/see/hear a story on a subject that you have some knowledge of that you recognise the lack of knowledge and understanding of the subject on the part of the writer/editor/producer.

When I want to be informed about subjects that I don’t have a background in, for example finance and environmental science, I turn to the media. Given that I can see that many articles on for example defence, aviation or firearms ownership in the UK are fundamentally flawed, just how much can we rely on media reporting of anything?

A large pinch of salt is needed, I suggest. But then the health Nazis will be after you……….this week at least.

Old Timer Chris

Corporal
We must be mad to try to escalate this! The politics of the Middle East is a mess, and we have lost to many good people, so let him get on with it for a change! At least he has got a clear objective!

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
From my experience, you can rely on the media to let you know that something has happened, but that's about it. They're usually first on scene overseas (because they're stupid enough to be out there when things happen) but they're grasp on factual details is usually lacking - because everything they report is based on open source information and word of mouth reporting. Plus, the media has a need to sensationalise things, to make them attention-worthy. I'd take it with a spoonful of salt, rather than a pinch.