• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Travelling in uniform

the new regs just publishd stae that personel driving in from off camp can wear a civie jacket over uniform however they must remove ciive jacket when getting out of car and not to walk round camp in mixed dress my boss pinged me for wearing a civie coat whilst walking from my car to the bay ( which was parked on the pan for ffs ) but aparently the choice is up to the individual i for one always wear a civilian coat over my uniform whilst travelling to work

fatbaldchief

Corporal
Our chief has decreed that you WILL travel to work in uniform. I dont see why. If theres a set in your locker and its clean and pressed, whats the problem? I travel to work, put my overalls on, work day or night in overalls then go home. Never really wear it anyway.

Your Chief cannot dictate what you wear to travel to work in.
If you fall below standards during the normal place of work opening hours then that will be his concern.
Go to the FS he will advise the Chief of how far he can dictate
:pDT_Xtremez_30:

B

BolkowJunior

Travelling in uniform

I don't know why you should worry - most people would just stop you and ask you to fix their car - they don't know the difference between the RAF and the RAC.... (although they might get upset when you can't !)
Now if you were a fishhead in uniform sailing in warmer climates in a rubber duck you might get to sell you story for a six figure fee!

Kim Wipe

Corporal
I don't know why you should worry - most people would just stop you and ask you to fix their car - they don't know the difference between the RAF and the RAC.... (although they might get upset when you can't !)
Now if you were a fishhead in uniform sailing in warmer climates in a rubber duck you might get to sell you story for a six figure fee!

It makes me laugh when travelling up the M1 at weekends and seeing the trainees from Halton,
(usually 15 in one car, all in CS95's wearing berets and as much kit on the back shelf as possible)

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
I remember on a sqn I used to be on, the singlies came to work from the block in civvies. They got caught out one day as a few had to go around station and they didnt have uniform in their lockers. Ruined for everyone else. We all had to wear uniform to work, even those who lived out.

As to the point at hand. If you are feel you are marked down on your 6000 for this put it in the comments box. Highlight it.
It's always been a contentious issue.
On one hand you have the people who believe you should be in uniform when getting out of your car before entering the workplace. That way they know you have uniform at work.(Does this include motorcyclists that wear leathers??)
Then you have the saner common sense approach. Trusting your people to have uniform in a clean presentable state. We're all grown ups arent we? If you trust someone to stand on a gate with a loaded weapon you should trust that they have uniform at work. If not, by all means educate the said person.

Just go into work 5 mins before the idiot and he wont know any better!

Just on a side note, I turn up at work in the winter in No2 trousers, boots and a green t shirt! When its warmer shorts, flip flops and green t shirt will do.
Get out of my car and drag my bag of sh1te arse across the car park in front of Ops and into our hangar!!!:pDT_Xtremez_30: