• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Travel to and from training (Basic and Trade)

Hi all,

I just want to ask the question as its something I had recently discussed with my wife but wasn't sure and the AFCO didn't give me a specific answer when I asked;

Travel to and from basic and/or trade training, is this paid for/subsidised ?

Not expecting it to be but just something I was wondering about, I would potentially be about 3-4hrs away from the family for a year training and come back to see them on weekends, so its to know whether we look at them coming to MQs for a year or they stay put and I travel on weekends

MattBombHead

Sergeant
Assuming you mean on initial movements, yes, it's paid for. You arrive, fill in a claim, and it will magically appear in your bank acct.

Assuming you're talking about regular travel to and from, there's Get You Home Early Years warrants (but you have to be below a certain age to qualify) for your first 2yrs. If you're married (unaccompanied) or have a property you maintain elsewhere, there are various entitlements to which you may be eligible, and I'm sure a friendly admin type will be along soon to help you out a bit more.

Assuming you mean on initial movements, yes, it's paid for. You arrive, fill in a claim, and it will magically appear in your bank acct.

Assuming you're talking about regular travel to and from, there's Get You Home Early Years warrants (but you have to be below a certain age to qualify) for your first 2yrs. If you're married (unaccompanied) or have a property you maintain elsewhere, there are various entitlements to which you may be eligible, and I'm sure a friendly admin type will be along soon to help you out a bit more.

Cheers Matt,

When you say initial movements do you mean to basic or to your first posting?

What's the age limit? Yes I am Married and unaccompanied at Trade and have a rented property that my wife would still be in with the kids at home. Hopefully an admin can give there view and let me know roughly, would be handy just to know where we stand.

I'm sure I will find it all out at Basic or Trade anyway but handy to have a rough idea.