• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tranche 3 redundancy, Grants????

K

kris30

Does anybody know about the 'Immediate Resettlement Grant' due at the 12 year point and how that ties into the redundancy payment?

I'm in contact with the RAF pensions people at the moment, it seems to be a bit of a grey area. There's two of us at work who are trying to get a straight answer, He's had a 'NO you're not entitled', I've had a 'YES you are', a 'NO you're not', and what I can only call a 'MAYBE'

What I'm after is the AP/JSP/DCI referance that says either yes or no!

As far as I can see, and I've looked really hard, the answer is yes I/we are entitled because we are being paid and recieving benefits 'as if we are completing our current engagement' (quote)

So, who knows out there????

Kris.

E

eanto

Does anybody know about the 'Immediate Resettlement Grant' due at the 12 year point and how that ties into the redundancy payment?

Kris, look up DCI 39/04 on the MOD intranet. Successful redundancy brings with it an immediate pension and lump sum (plus special capital payment) if you have completed 12 years or more service.

Someone coming out on redundancy after 17 yrs for e.g. will get an immediate pension of 17/22 of the 22 yr point for their rank.

As a shiney and successful tranche 3 candidate, I should know!! Handed my kit into stores last Weds, god it felt good!!:)

K

kris30

redundancy cont...

redundancy cont...

Thanks for that eanto, Done all that good stuff. The grey area lies in the matter of signing on and recieving all the benefits from the 12year point, I've served 9 and half years. I've read the dci back to front, I'm darn sure that I qualify!

Cheers, Kris.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
what you asking?

what you asking?

I think what you are asking is do you get your 8000 for in effect reaching your 12 year point? be it virtualy so to speak? I know when i looked at it it implied that the grant was nothing to do with pensions.
You'll be wanting terminal leave soon.
....i dont think you get any imediate pension do you, not for only 9.5 years? Unless you had signed on for 22 already.
Yes you will get 12/37ths of a pension when you are 60/65 but i don't think that will buy many of those single slipper things......