• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Training

P

pueblos

Marching and sitting in a classroom and more marching and sitting in a class room some more and more marching and doing classroom type stuff and waiting to sit in a class room and then marching again………
and by week 3, driving…
but hang on in there, that’s just the army way…
its worth it in the end

R

rodger-dodger

Never been

Never been

Leconfield, Shmeconfield,
It's a right Sh!t hole run by the barmy shmarmy, other than that from what i've heard it's an OK course, Of course if you wanted to be a real driver you should have joined in the early 90's and gone to St Athan, never mind.:pDT_Xtremez_32:

B

born free now trapped

It is really poor. Youre in line for being treated as a child pongo

P

PeanutPhil

It is really poor. Youre in line for being treated as a child pongo

Lots to look forward to then!!!! Its only trade training, its not the last posting you will ever have, quicker you get it done the quicker you get out in the big wide pink and fluffy RAF :pDT_Xtremez_28:

F

Fablon biff chit

I "did" Leconfield in 2004 - I had served two years by that point and was fast tracked through the course (Phase 3 I think it's called). IMO the training there is no better or worse than at an RAF base, it's just meant for a different audience.

I do however think they should lean the place!! 3+ months just for a driving course? Pull the other one, it's pathetic! There is so much waste it's untrue. And also stand by to experience some of the most jobsworth civvies ever...

Oh and once you have a good car parking space, hold onto it for dear life!!

On the plus side, once you actually get driving, the set up is second to none!

EDITED TO ADD: Here is a good discussion about the place

Last edited:
J

Justacabbie

Im going in as MTD in June, Whats the Training at Leconfield like?

Never mind the training, hope you enjoy your posting to 2MT! then 6 years before you can be considered for parole and a posting to the Real Air force! Good luck if you stick around that long before being brainwashed by the Wing and stay there forever thinking it is the only job in MT!