• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trade remuster requirements

Hi I am currently on 609 squadron but due to work related commitments am looking to transfer to 611 squadron woodvale. When I first applied it was for mt driver and due to being unable to get a medical for months the trade is currently over subscribed. I'm still able to apply but would need a few to drop out. It now seems the role of aerial erector has been created, something I would definatly like to do. After speaking with recruitment at 611 they seem to think I need to be from that background to qualify, although on the website it says desirable, not mandatory.

to cut a long story short would my background as ex tg3/4 CIS tech with a stint on tcw and comms on 51 sqn stand me in good stead? Also being a civvy firefighter I'm constantly working at height and work with rope access equipment and techniques as well as attending safe working at height on a regular basis.

any info from a recruiters perspective would be helpful or anyone in the know as I wouldn't like to think I couldn't be considered due to not being an ex rigger.

cheers all