• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trade Groups

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
I am looking to compile a trade group page with explainations of what trades come under each trade group number.

If anybody has a list or such like then it would be billy bonus.

If not then if people could list their trade group and what trades come under it I will sort the list out as soon as possible.

My reasons? Well to be honest people on the main forums spout "Well in trade group 17......." and I haven't a clue what trades come under that trade group so it would be helpful to have some sort of reference.

Many thanks in advance.

Martin Blank

Sergeant
TG5
Gen Tech Mechanical.....used to be GSE or MT Fitter fix anything mechanical not actually on an airtcraft.
Gen Tech Electrical fix anything electrical not on aircraft....GSE and MT
Gen Tech Work Shops make things out of metal for everyone.

Simple version will provide exhaustive list of worktypes for GSE and I'm sure Sparks Will Fly will add any lecky extra info.
Don't know if there are any bashers on here.

Sniffer

Super Moderator
Hope this helps. It may be ever so slightly out of date given that trades have renamed: Logs and Med Admin, but other than that I think it is OK.

Attachments

• Trade Groups Word Doc.doc
    80.5 KB · Views: 0

zola403uk

SAC
I am looking to compile a trade group page with explainations of what trades come under each trade group number.

That would be a good thing for us civilians and potential recruits as most of us dont have a clue. :pDT_Xtremez_15:

ZebrasKneecaps

Corporal
Hope this helps. It may be ever so slightly out of date given that trades have renamed: Logs and Med Admin, but other than that I think it is OK.

Sniffer

One of the bits out of date is the IA Trade.

Intelligence Analyst (Imagery) & Intelligence Analyst (Comms) have now merged to just Intelligence Analyst which is now in trade group 11. Theres no change to IA(Voice).

Just so you guys know :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Martin Blank

Sergeant
Was interested my old pre assimilated trade has had its name changed.
"GENERAL TECHNICIAN GENERAL SERVICE EQUIPMENT" quite an apt description but its actually Ground Support Equipment.

PVRisthefuture

Sergeant
Wobbly, the best place to find trades is in the JSP 754, link attached
http://defenceintranetds.diiweb.r.m...brary/09/1060_JSP754 Edition 9.doc#Chap3Sect2

Annex C to Chapter 3 Sect 2 gives all the Trade Groups, trades within, and for those interested their Pay Range Allocation.:pDT_Xtremez_28:
I'm not in work so can't check the link, but does it still list the trades people were in, but did not assimilate to the new trades (such as Eng tech El to TG4)?

I know there are folk still out there who are obsolete, but is the goat going to recognise them or do what the RAF does, and bin/ignore them?

Oracle

LAC
Medics

Medics

Under TG 15, Med Asst and Med Admin are now merged to become RAF Medic. Changes to JPA pending but new trade title coming into general usage.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
You mean there are more Trade groups other than 1...
Well every day's a learning day.:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Isn't there something on that rafcom site?

Last edited:

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts
Did I teach you nothing Wobbly? There is trade group one and other much less important trade groups:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Last edited: