• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tower of London ~ Military Pers

Good afternoon all,

Off to London in a few weeks, was going to have a wander around the ToL. Does anyone know if there is military discount (or even free access) with a valid MOD 90 etc?

I've heard stories about an officer's mess, visiting that for free access etc, but I am not an officer...

Many thanks, TT

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Tower of London isn't free, but if you have have a quiet word with the Beefeater dude they usually let you in for free.

Westminster Abbey is free and is worth a look - they currently have the Coronation chair on display and an area sectioned off where the Coronation will take place.

I was there in Jan this year and one of the best things we did was use the Uber Thames Clipper. Download the app and get an all day ticket - you can hop on and off at all the different ports and it's like a cruise up and down the Thames at a fraction of the price (there's beer and coffee onboard too). Also sit right at the back and ride it up to the O2 - they open it up once they pass the River Police. On the way back down, get off at Greenwich and see the Cutty Sark - free and walk around the grounds of the Royal Observatory.

Borough Market was great for food and later that evening we took in a West End show.

All depends what you're visiting for - food, drink, 'special' shows etc :)

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Rewards for Forces says its £14 for serving members, but I'm not sure of its accuracy:

Clarence House offers free entry for serving and veterans. Windsor castle too.

Last edited:

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Do you have a Tesco Clubcard? You can transfer points for admission tickets, along with other attractions too, London Eye, Tower Bridge as well as the Tower of London

Also, something to mind, you can use you're debit card on the Underground, and once you reach the daily limit for that zone, (from memory, zone 1 was about £7) the remaining journeys are free, still have to swipe your card though