• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour of Yorkshire 2015

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Tour de Yorkshire bosses reveal start and finish locations.
>> BBC Article <<

How can councils have the balls to cut public services with another 1.8% cut next financial year yet quite happily pay £100,000 to be part of the Tour of Yorkshire 2015.

It stinks of self promotion and hoping for a listing in the history books. I am glad that my council (Doncaster) are not partaking.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I read somewhere that the event in 2014 brought in tens of millions in tourist revenue so I'm guessing everyone wants in this year?

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
I read somewhere that the event in 2014 brought in tens of millions in tourist revenue so I'm guessing everyone wants in this year?

Next year is the inaugural Tour of Yorkshire, last year it was the start of the Tour de France. I don't think they can be measured on the same scale.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Next year is the inaugural Tour of Yorkshire, last year it was the start of the Tour de France. I don't think they can be measured on the same scale.

Ah got yer...I thought they just calling the start of the French thing the tour of Yorkshire. You can see its not my field...