• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tom Clancy Dies

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Really enjoyed his style of writing; when not engrossed in a Freddy Forsyth novel, I'd be reading one of Toms.
Accuracy and clarity at its best.
Still not sure how the big red Sub got up the Potomac though...
R.I.P.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Gutted! Where else am I going to get accurate updates on current US tactics and hardware now?

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Red Storm Rising. Probably the most accurate account of a war that never happened.

Malesu

Corporal
Subscriber
Still not sure how the big red Sub got up the Potomac though...

It didn't in the book, if I remember correctly... been a while since I last read it... Mad on the film, and first read the book whilst ill in bed from school, finished it that day... And been hooked on Tom Clancy books ever since, also enjoyed Cardinal of the Kremlim quite a bit. It's amazing how true some of his stories have become, and he always insisted he was never a spook, but knew a few...

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
Red Storm Rising. Probably the most accurate account of a war that never happened.

A very underrated book because there's no jack Ryan. I have lost count how many times I have read rainbow 6. I do believe that Without Remorse is being turned into a film, which should be epic. Probably the best author in the last 50 years. Loved his books, and frighteningly foretelling. He will be sadly missed.