• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Worst At Admin?

The Worst At Admin?

• Total voters

SgtScribbly

Corporal
Adminers dont usually profess to be able to do any other trade's job, however easy they appear to be. However the same cannot be said for most of the rest of the air force. So who fecks you off the most with their ineptitude when they try their hand at Admin?

Last edited:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I can't see the option for Admin on the poll. Is this another admin c0ck up? :pDT_Xtremez_14:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Which covers a multitude of sins...........but not a root cause :pDT_Xtremez_14:

A

Albert Park

for the hard of understanding there is the option of "other"

Considering the subject is Admin, is it not unreasonable to expect to see an 'Admin' option rather than bundle it up with 'Other'?

SgtScribbly

Corporal
Try reading post one, then try and work out who this thread is aimed at. It might be a tad tricky but hey, you will get there in the end.

A

Albert Park

Try reading post one, then try and work out who this thread is aimed at. It might be a tad tricky but hey, you will get there in the end.

It took YOU a while to work out how your own post works.

ForgottenName

Trekkie Nerd
I voted Aircrew because, on my tour of UK units, I heard of an aircrew bod who changed his bank account, but did not go on to JPA. So when the system tried to put his money into the account that he had just closed it did not work. Now, under the old system we could have done something about it, but not now.

As an adminer, JPA is not my system but it is a tool that I have got to use. The problem is that it is also a self-service tool, but there are a lot of people who think that we should think for them.

Boarderlyne

Sergeant
I would love to say aircrew, but I have never had a bad aircrew bod giving me GBH of the earhole cos of any admin dramas. My answer would have to be the trade that was in the majority at a certain base that was up in NE of Jockland. Never had I met such arrogance and such overweening egotism in one small area. Tourettes and a few others were the exceptions that proved the rule. Such was the arrogance of this screen-watching trade that one of their brethern declared We are more important than aircrew. Without us, the aircrew would never find their target. To say that it took our breath away would be an understatement.

But saying that they had some great people in that trade. Velma as Staish was brilliant. She could have a party in an empty house could that girl! :pDT_Xtremez_31:

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
It was a hard choice between 'aircrew' and 'techies'. What decided it in the end is that there are some techies who have benefitted from advice given by shineys on here and still voted 'other' with the caveat that it should be read as 'admin'.

Yes, Get Tae, I am talking about you. Did you get your Operational Allowance by the way? :pDT_Xtremez_15:

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
Yes, Get Tae, I am talking about you. Did you get your Operational Allowance by the way? :pDT_Xtremez_15:

My vote was in no way aimed at you TBJ:pDT_Xtremez_31: merely a vote for the bad ones.

As with any trade i have come across some brilliant guys and gals like your good self but sadly they are the minority. :pDT_Xtremez_35:

What did it for me was this year was when i put an application form for Sub pay in and it took a month for it to be returned as I had filled in a non-JPA form. Fair enough you say wrong form but how the **** did it take a month to get there and back. When I phoned up to see how it was progressing another month down the line I was told to hang on, whereby there was a load of paper shuffling noises and the reply was, oh, eh, yeah that was going to be processed today. MY ARSE WAS IT! wonder how long that was going to sit in some ferkers in tray till that was paid????:pDT_Xtremez_25:

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
What did it for me was this year was when i put an application form for Sub pay in and it took a month for it to be returned as I had filled in a non-JPA form. Fair enough you say wrong form but how the **** did it take a month to get there and back. When I phoned up to see how it was progressing another month down the line I was told to hang on, whereby there was a load of paper shuffling noises and the reply was, oh, eh, yeah that was going to be processed today. MY ARSE WAS IT! wonder how long that was going to sit in some ferkers in tray till that was paid????:pDT_Xtremez_25:

You really don't get much luck with your admin do you? :pDT_Xtremez_42:

If I was feeling feisty I would surmise that you had pi$$ed them off in a former life. Sadly, TG17 is full of stories like yours - PSF didn't get the nickname "Handbrake House" for nothing.

So, in my trade's defence I will tell you a little story of my own. Last Friday I took a stack of Fs6000 home with me to proof-read over the weekend. JEngO had given them to me earlier in the week proudly declaring "All Done". On Monday I sent 3 of them to PMA, the remaining 15 or so were returned to JEngO for poor English, missing signatures, etc. The scary part is they were all appraisals on SACs/Jnr Techs and should have been completed weeks ago. I finally got the WO's 2005 appraisal complete this week. Just his 2006 appraisal and his 2007 SJAR on the go now! Techies suck at admin, fact! ::p:

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
If I was feeling feisty I would surmise that you had pi$$ed them off in a former life.

Could be but I have only been into the place twice in 6 years and know no-one so probably not.

As for the F6000s well what can I say? a Jengo isn't really a techie is he, more like a wanna be with a commission.
All joking aside this ain't gonna do anyone any favours as PMA have now stated that late 6000s will no longer get included on promo boards. Wonder how long it will be before someone gets sued for not getting the lads 6000s there in time and losing them thier promotion eh?!!

Man in Black

Corporal
For me it has to be Techies. In my experience, they can fix planes or whatever it is they do but can't follow simple instructions. They then have the cheek to say "If I did my job as badly as you do someone could die". And they complain about being underpaid by pence....nuff said!

N

NotAnIDOYet

I would love to say aircrew, but I have never had a bad aircrew bod giving me GBH of the earhole cos of any admin dramas. My answer would have to be the trade that was in the majority at a certain base that was up in NE of Jockland. Never had I met such arrogance and such overweening egotism in one small area. Tourettes and a few others were the exceptions that proved the rule. Such was the arrogance of this screen-watching trade that one of their brethern declared We are more important than aircrew. Without us, the aircrew would never find their target. To say that it took our breath away would be an understatement.

But saying that they had some great people in that trade. Velma as Staish was brilliant. She could have a party in an empty house could that girl! :pDT_Xtremez_31:

You are probably refering to the commissioned bretheren here, most tg12 types are too busy smoking or playing on Xboxes to flout our own self importance.

Techies that think all equipment is theirs really grip my sh1te. What I need is a techie that understands the problems I am having with kit, then go away to fix it and let me have it back. Fixed kit=more ukkers time for techies surely?

Worst at admin though, must be medics IMHO