• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Sit Up Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

akcarberry

It says to pass the fitness test i need to do 35 sit ups. I can only manage around 25 when i do not have my feet under something. However if i put my feet under something i can do about 60! Anybody who has actually done the test know if they have to be done on your own or is somebody holding your feet down?

P

Portcullis

It says to pass the fitness test i need to do 35 sit ups. I can only manage around 25 when i do not have my feet under something. However if i put my feet under something i can do about 60! Anybody who has actually done the test know if they have to be done on your own or is somebody holding your feet down?

Lie flat on your back with your knees bent@ 90 degrees. Fingers on temples, feet flat on the floor. Get your partner to hod your feet down. 1 Sit up is when your elbows touch your knees. If you take a rest, do so lying flat.

60 is excellent. Are you doing these after running and press ups or on their own? It's surprising how things change once you have been working for 15 - 20 mins.

A

akcarberry

i am doing the 2.4 k in 10 mins as my warm up, followed by three circuits of 35 tricep dips, 25 press ups, 40 dorsal raises, 50 step ups and 60 sit ups with feet under bed. Concentrating on my circuits and running instead of weightlifting for the time being :)

i do have a minute or so rest between circuits, i'm not superman lol!

A

akcarberry

Have you phoned your AFCO and asked them?

If i phoned the AFCO for every little question i had then i'd been phoning them a lot. There is a lot of questions out there and instead of calling the them all the time i like to use my initiative and try to find out by other ways instead of relying on the people at the AFCO.

garside

LAC
If this is for the PJFT its not 35 situps in a minute.

I had to do 10 pressups in a minute, and then 18 sit ups in a minute.

It was dead easy, and no they didnt hold your feet for you at the PJFT.
Well, they didnt hold my feet anyway.

Its when your in that its 35 situps in a minute and as far as i know they do hold your feet for you.

G

gemarriott

Don't worry I heard the boys get a Wraf to hold their hands and the girls get the duty armourer to hold their legs/hands/arses (delete as applicable) between exercises too.

T

tridgway

Is the PJFT not just the 2.4k run in under 12 mins 12 secs? Never seen anything about sit ups or push ups

H

heyflygirl

I had just come on here to ask the same question!!

I thought it you had someone holding your feet down, but then when i looked at the fitness section of the RAF Careers website, the demonstration is done on their own.

I guess if im unsure i should just make sure i can reach the minimum with and without people holding my feet. Can't go wrong with that.

A

akcarberry

well i'm sorry for being curious! and i am training to do them unassisted and to what they want, that would be pretty obvious i wouldn't not train for it and just risk it!!

8:15fromOdium

Sergeant
akcarberry - from your post #4 it sounds like you are doing the right stuff, I don't know what the format for situps are on joining, but any fitness test I have done since , someone holds your ankles while you do the situps.

BTW don't apologise for asking the question.

G

gemarriott

A post from gemarriott appears to have been removed.

Looks that way.

What I had said was in praise of Heyfly girls approach. She appears to have grasped what the RAF is looking for in a recruit. Rather than go ahead asking a question which has the potential to make her look a bit daft and the target for banter by dinosaurs like me she had the good sense to read the forums before asking see her first post. Also she had the good sense to form a plan B, ie train to pass the test without her feet being held as if she could do that she was sure to pass no matter what.

Now if all the rest of our recruits sit and think their questions through like she did, read the forums and FAQs they might just work out the answer for themselves like she did and not find themselves asking questions that will make them the target of every cynic,dinosaur,bitter and twisted or plain grumpy goater.

Status
Not open for further replies.