• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The RAF Gliding and Saoring Association

S

slack bladder

The RAFGSA in conjunction with RAF Leeming have decided to close the Cleveland Gliding club at RAF Dishforth after being there since 1967. Not only have they closed it but they also deemed it not appropriate to tell the club membership either. It's a disgrace!!!!

planesailing

Always a Liney
The RAF Gliding and Soaring Association

The RAF Gliding and Soaring Association

I understand that RAFGSA clubs are allowed a percentage of civilians in the clubs, I further understand that the service members must exceed 51% of the total.

Apparently this was not the case so it was decided to close the Clevelands Gliding club (RAFGSA), seems a bit drastic ,perhaps they could have reduced the civilian membership and downsized the Glider Fleet to make it more manageable.

Great shame, was a member myself for many years.

Another minor casualty of the reduction in the Forces strength.

The home of the Clevelands Gliding Club at Dishforth was one of the foremost Yorkshire Gliding sites that took advantage of the very good mountain Wave generated by the Pennines in westerly winds, with flights climbing to over 20,000` agl.

However the service pilots have been offered the facility of flying at my Club based at Rufforth near York, you are very welcome guys & gals. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

D

Dirk Gently

Service membership numbers weren't the reason for the closure, the new OIC closed up shop when he couldn't do his sums!