• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Queen

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
The Air Marshall 'marching' behind William and Harry looks a bit unsteady on his pins.

Also have you ever seen so many rozzers facing the crowd? Can't be more than 2-3 metres apart....

The Duke of Gloucester. He's just turned 78 years old so not a bad effort from him.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
The Air Marshall 'marching' behind William and Harry looks a bit unsteady on his pins.

Also have you ever seen so many rozzers facing the crowd? Can't be more than 2-3 metres apart....
I hope there are a lot more doing a bit of mingling, with POTUS attending on Monday I feel the worse with some of the nutters out there.

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
The Queens older cousins as honorary AOCs as it was RAF uniform day. The King will be in Senior Service Admiral of the Fleet uniform on Monday I wager.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Speaking of the Queen and the comment on the other thread about CAS reading the goat reminded me...

On the TV the other day they interviewed the handler for one of the Scottish regiment's mascot - a Shetland Pony - and the handler has the title of Pony Major. A Welsh regiment also has a Goat Major with a similar role for their goat.

Does the RAF still have any animal station mascots? I know we had a donkey at Locking in my time (Cpl Sparky McDougall, iirc) who disgraced himself on the floor of one of the T blocks during Her Majesty's visit (1986/7?) as well as on the floor of the Airmen's Mess during a livers-in Christmas dinner one year. Sparky lived in a field at the bottom of the camp with a number of other donkeys and between ceremonials was gainfully employed, allegedly, ferrying children along WSM beach.

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Was great to see one of the guests from the public being ex head teacher of the village school at Cottesmore from 20 years ago. Many RAF children got a great start at that school, including my eldest.

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
On the day it happened, I was at Wentworth to watch the BMW PGA and during the day, my wife texted me to say it wasn't looking good for her. As I got on the train from Virginia Water back to London, she texted me again to say she'd died. In the same carriage I was in there was a group of lads in their 30s/40s - about a dozen of them - who'd been at Wentworth too and had obviously spent their day in the fairway-side bar and were absolutely leathered. Once word started getting around the train about what had happened, these lads started drunkenly chanting "God Save The F*ckin' Queen" - I thought "you disrespectful tossers!" but had I said anything, I would probably have had a kicking so I left it. But as soon as I got into London, I hotfooted round to the Palace and already, crowds were forming. I bought a small UJ from a street seller on Whitehall to take their. I placed it as close as I could and hung around for about 10 mins or so before heading back to the Tube station. As I walked up Green Park, there must've been hundreds of people flooding out, all carrying flowers and some, even foreigners/tourists quite visibly moved.